Courtney Taylor or Liberty Tours?

moesyk4

I have gotten price quotes from both and they are almost identical for our group of 4 and (1) 4 year old. Courtney Taylor is horseback riding and river tubing...we asked about Irie but he said 4 years couldn't participate. I want him to at least be able to swim. Liberty Tours was Irie and River Tubing, I asked him three times if he allowed 4 year olds to participate and he never answered the question.

Anyone have any thoughts one way or the other, more than just personal preference? I'm sure either would be great tours based just on reviews on here, so I'm not really looking for "So and so was awesome, loved the tour!" Just more on if there is any specific info regarding one or the other that might sway me...or any info on those particular activities.

Specifics to kids younger than 6 would be fantastic!

I just got back from Jamaica and used Liberty. Ricardo was amazing and highly recommend him. With that said, I'm not sure Irie Blue Hole is a place for a 4 yr old. Unless you plan on holding him/her the entire time, I probably wouldn't go. There are HUGE cliffs where a child could easily walk off, and the water is very deep. The terrain is also very steep that you walk on. Seeing you have a group of 4, you could take turns doing the jumps and stuff while one watches the little one, it's just that that person REALLY needs to keep an eye on them.

I just got back from Jamaica and used Liberty. Ricardo was amazing and highly recommend him. With that said, I'm not sure Irie Blue Hole is a place for a 4 yr old. Unless you plan on holding him/her the entire time, I probably wouldn't go. There are HUGE cliffs where a child could easily walk off, and the water is very deep. The terrain is also very steep that you walk on. Seeing you have a group of 4, you could take turns doing the jumps and stuff while one watches the little one, it's just that that person REALLY needs to keep an eye on them.

We used Liberty Tours in August as well. Ricardo stayed with the whole time even IN the falls. He helped my daughter up the steps. Did you hike thru the flat area behind the waterfall where it's shallow? We spent a lot of time there taking pictures near the smaller falls and walking thru there. I remember seeing younger kids using the rope swing also. I didn't jump from the high place, but it was fun to watch the guides put on their show for everyone! Secret Falls was a beautiful place!

I did a price comparison with Liberty - Courtney Taylor and Jamaica Phil...

It pays to do that yourself -- be sure you've got apples to apples as there may be a sway toward a group tour. We were definitely enlightened to the price variation by one of the companies.

It pays to do that yourself -- be sure you've got apples to apples as there may be a sway toward a group tour. We were definitely enlightened to the price variation by one of the companies.

Hi Pebbles. If you want to compare apples with apples, comparing Liberty Tours with Jamaica Phil is a bit unfair. From what I have understood of Jamaica Phil, he is a transportation service and not a person tour guide. I believe Courtney is the same, but I am unsure. What Courtney and Jamaica Phil offer is no different to what the cruise ship offers. If you are able to, check with the Jamaica Tourist Board and ask them what they suggest the cost of a tour to where you are going fro your starting point should cost. If they say closer to Jamaica Phil and Courtney, then fair play. I believe comparing Liberty Tours to the other 2 is comparing Apples with Pears. The service may not be the same. If you want to compare apples to apples, compare Courtney and Jamaica Phil with the excursion offered by the cruise line.

Pebbles, you said in another post that you have used Phil in the past. How many people did you go with on the tour and where did you go? Was it a large bus?

We are going on Allure next month and booked with Liberty Tours. I booked with them because of the small sized group, the tours available. I thought the price was very good, after comparing one other company. We are going to stay with LTJ. THanks novice for pointing out that the others were not customized liked Ricardo. This will make all the difference in the world not waiting for passengers and the driver.

Pebbles, you said in another post that you have used Phil in the past. How many people did you go with on the tour and where did you go? Was it a large bus?

We are going on Allure next month and booked with Liberty Tours. I booked with them because of the small sized group, the tours available. I thought the price was very good, after comparing one other company. We are going to stay with LTJ. THanks novice for pointing out that the others were not customized liked Ricardo. This will make all the difference in the world not waiting for passengers and the driver.

We had Phil for our honeymoon back in 2002 ... I only know that it was only my husband and I, we were no frills at the time, we went up the falls... did a little shopping then off to Margaritaville and got loaded before getting back on the ship.

We have been on many cruises and when we first started cruising in the late 80's ... we only did the cruise excursions -- but they were large busses with many inconsiderate people and you wait and wait while they continue to shop and enjoy .. and the majority of the people are back on the bus getting pissed off at the 2 or 4 who don't care and make everyone late.

With the growing technology .. we then learned to book private excursions and often save some money with a more personalized experience.

Any tour company/guide will show you the lovely sights of Jamaica and tell you about the country ... if you want to go to secret falls and also do tubing -- it's all at the 'White River' .. so adding on and customizing is perfect. Whether you are with a small group or private .. they are willing to accommodate.

Loyalty to a company is fine... everyone is entitled to their own experiences and opinions.

I will say after doing my own research .. it didn't work out with Liberty for us. However, that's not to say that it won't for other people... I hope your upcoming tour will be fabulous and have no doubts that it will be all that you hope for. I look forward to hearing all about it!

We are going in December .. and I have no decision at this time as to who we plan on touring with ...

Initially we were just going to stay close to the ship and do the beach at My Time N Place... My husband doesn't want to spend 2 hours in a car ... after all this, we may go back to that idea after all.

When the ship docked in Ocho Rios -- it was much nicer! Now people are forced to pay inflated prices to drive 2 hours to do anything fun...

I have gotten price quotes from both and they are almost identical for our group of 4 and (1) 4 year old. Courtney Taylor is horseback riding and river tubing...we asked about Irie but he said 4 years couldn't participate. I want him to at least be able to swim. Liberty Tours was Irie and River Tubing, I asked him three times if he allowed 4 year olds to participate and he never answered the question.

Anyone have any thoughts one way or the other, more than just personal preference? I'm sure either would be great tours based just on reviews on here, so I'm not really looking for "So and so was awesome, loved the tour!" Just more on if there is any specific info regarding one or the other that might sway me...or any info on those particular activities.

Specifics to kids younger than 6 would be fantastic!

Courtney does not actually guide you at Blue Hole. He gets you there, watches your items and waits for you while you play & have an amazing time. There are young Jamacian men that will guide you & they work for tips ... But I agree that it would be a challenge and not at all safe for a 4 year old to enjoy Blue Hole. There really aren't any access points for such a little one to enter the "hole".

Archived