Zip line and the Parrot Tree Resort

lasefton

We will be doing the extremely extreme Zipline and beach . I have read and read about this Zipline am so excited but I haven't heard much talk about the beach they take you to after . It's called Parrot Tree Resort . Was hoping for some information on this beach .

Copied from my Legend blog post (2011 - http://sunshinenwine.blogspot.com/2011/11/carnival-legend-western-caribbean.html):

Roatan: By far our favorite port! We did the Zip N Dip with Pirates of the Caribbean Canopy. The guides were fun but very professional and safety conscious. We had never ziplined before but did the Extremely Extreme anyway. They drive you to the top of the mountain, and you zipline back. We never once felt unsafe. After the zipline, we were driven to a resort called Parrot Tree Plantation and spent the next few hours enjoying their beach. It was gorgeous! It was a very relaxing afternoon. Cost was $95 per person.

The photos on Parrot Tree's website (http://www.parrottree.com/) are pretty spot on! There is an open-air bar very close to the beach and palapas for shade. Bathroom facilities are also decent from what I remember. The beach and water are gorgeous! On the day we were there, it not busy at all! This photo of me and DH pretty much sums up our afternoon.

228337_10100165960625604_4781291_n.jpg

Edited by JenMJM

• 2 weeks later...

This beach is really for swimming and relaxing only. You can see in the photos on the website that it has been enclosed and the water is very smooth inside the breaking wall. We swam from the beach side to the rock side on the outer edge - easy swim. The water coming up on the rocks outside, though, it pretty rough. I don't think that I'd risk trying to climb down the rocks just to snorkel. Although the island is surrounded by reef, I would not use this as a snorkel access point.

Edited by JenMJM