Paying to book flight seats

beach.princess

So my cruise to the caribbean on azura for New Years flight seats became available and totally did not realise it cost £15 per head if just going for economy to just book a seat per person each way. Ouch! Just going with my mum and now we have paid it wished I had just waited and used the £60 for some more cocktails... Plus a few hours away from my mum would not have gone a miss. This was a wee shock though. Ow we'll it's your holiday eh!

Everyone else think the same? :cool:

So my cruise to the caribbean on azura for New Years flight seats became available and totally did not realise it cost £15 per head if just going for economy to just book a seat per person each way. Ouch! Just going with my mum and now we have paid it wished I had just waited and used the £60 for some more cocktails... Plus a few hours away from my mum would not have gone a miss. This was a wee shock though. Ow we'll it's your holiday eh!

I am fairly sure if you have Changed your mind you can cancel your seat and get a full refund. Ring PO flight dept if the seat booking web site doesn't let you.

For me it is well worth the £60 to be sat next to hubby. I am a very nervous flyer and no one would want to sit next to me. Lol.

Sue

I have never booked and paid for seats, but our flight home from the Caribbean in March was so bad - none reclining seats and couple in front reclined theirs as far as they would go, it was horrendous so 37.50 each per flight to get extra leg room in a bulk head seat is peanuts to me.

I paid for an upgrade to premium AND then paid more (£15) to book my seat. Well worth it every time. In fact, if premium seats had not been available on the flight, I would not have booked the cruise. I guess it depends on what is more important to you. If budget dictates that you have to make a choice, then comfortable flights win over a few cocktails for me every time.

If you want to sit together pay them the money and be done with it.

You will be able to chose your seats and sit as a group.

If you chose not to pay then you are likely to be split up and/or end up on the very back row with seats that don't recline....

Archived