If you have cruise around Easter before

rdevine10

what are the chances you think the prices might drop? We are booked right now on the Legend, but I am thinking of doing the following:

Keep watching prices till final payment on the Legend and 4 other ships that would work for our travel dates.

Maybe take a gamble and not make final payment and see if one of the cruises drops in price after final payment.

If it doesnt we spend the week in FL at my Mom's house instead and cruise in August.

Prices for our week are very high, right now I am booked in a 4k and its costing me $800 more than the extended balcony I had 2 years ago same week- when easter was a tad earlier in the year.

What you would you do? Take the gamble? I think with 5 different cruises it might be worth it! (And they all go to places I would be OK with- anywhere warm after a cold winter is good with us!)

We cruised last Easter week and had booked a yr in advance. Prices never dropped once and only went up. This was on the Magic. It's a gamble you have to decide if it's worth. In my opinion I don't think the price will drop but you never know.

Is there any way that you could wait until the 2 week post Easter week?

We just did a family cruise this past April on the Liberty. We cruised 2 wks after Easter. The hotel rates were still up-there, but honestly, not as high as Easter week or the week just prior or post. The cruise, as well, was a little cheaper 2 weeks after. I suppose by setting the 2 week mark, most Spring-breakers are back at school..... so it worked out very well. Also, the weather was beautiful. Nice and warm but not blazing summer-time type heat. The water at HMC was like bathwater. It was a great time of year to cruise and no hurricane worries either.

In addition, the airfare was a little cheaper too.

**** we did however, book our hotel and airfare early to get good rates, so just a heads-up there. We booked the cruise early as well and no significant price drops until after final payment date. So those

that booked ES did very well. We booked the Military rate so did not receive any drops as none offered on this rate after final payment date.

Good Luck to you.

:)

We cruised last Easter week and had booked a yr in advance. Prices never dropped once and only went up. This was on the Magic. It's a gamble you have to decide if it's worth. In my opinion I don't think the price will drop but you never know.

I am curious if having more ships in FL would make a difference. Right now August is looking cheaper and I know I followed the price drops last year myself, so I have an idea of what they "might" be this year. Then DH throws a curve ball and requests we cruise in april instead! Men :rolleyes: thanks!

Is there any way that you could wait until the 2 week post Easter week?

We just did a family cruise this past April. We cruised 2 wks after Easter. The hotel rates were still up-there, but honestly, not as high as Easter week or the week just prior or post. The cruise, as well, was a little cheaper 2 weeks after. I suppose by setting the 2 week mark, most Spring-breakers are back at school..... so it worked out very well.

In addition, the airfare was a little cheaper as well.

Good Luck to you.

:)

No- its our kids spring break. I already have airfare so its a moot point. When i booked the airfare the plan WAS to go to my Moms for the week! Which is what we may do if the prices dont drop a bit!

Archived