Surfing in Fiji

AusMum

Never tried to surf in Fiji - too old. However, get a brochure from travel agent and have a look at surfing beaches in Fiji. If they are not too far it is relatively cheap to get a car for the day especially if you are sharing with friends or family. Thought that I might Google Up " surf in Fiji" after I sent this reply

the problem is you have to get a boat to the surf spots and have managed to find a company that does this, BUT they need an idea of when the ship will arrive in Port Denarau. I think it's more complicated when relying on a tender than if the ship is physically in port.

I was really hoping P&O could arrange something, then we could feel more confident about not missing the ship :)

the problem is you have to get a boat to the surf spots and have managed to find a company that does this, BUT they need an idea of when the ship will arrive in Port Denarau. I think it's more complicated when relying on a tender than if the ship is physically in port.

I was really hoping P&O could arrange something, then we could feel more confident about not missing the ship :)

Hi, you have found a company that will do this for you?

The closest surfing from Nadi is the Sigatoka river, and it's not that great. It's at least a 1.5 hour driver from Denarau.

Coral Coast (off the coast) is further.

I don't know if there is surfing to the north (Lautoka / Ba) but that's a hard drive with the roads.

Also, most of the surfing is tide dependent as they leave from a beach.

Find out who the company is and check references. You don't want to pay $300+ for surfing to find the tide is not right etc.......

Hi, you have found a company that will do this for you?

The closest surfing from Nadi is the Sigatoka river, and it's not that great. It's at least a 1.5 hour driver from Denarau.

Coral Coast (off the coast) is further.

I don't know if there is surfing to the north (Lautoka / Ba) but that's a hard drive with the roads.

Also, most of the surfing is tide dependent as they leave from a beach.

Find out who the company is and check references. You don't want to pay $300+ for surfing to find the tide is not right etc.......

The company is called Adrenalin and you have to surf offshore, out near Cloudbreak etc, so it's not off the beach or a place you can drive to

The company is called Adrenalin and you have to surf offshore, out near Cloudbreak etc, so it's not off the beach or a place you can drive to

Ok, we had a house in Waidroka for a whie and they had places to surf, but is dependent on tides to get out there from the beach.

Back to your original question, maybe P&O would find it too risky to offer surfing for insurance purposes.

I think they use a big cat for tendering from Denarau, so could be off by 8am. Usually tenders are not ready or setup until 8am ish.

• 2 months later...