Jeep Rental?

bling19572010

I haven't been there for a few years, but since you mention you want to rent a jeep, I assume you want to hit the dunes. My family went back last year and they inform me that all car/jeep rental places now forbid going off-road with their cars. Quite unfortunate, since this was the highlight of my vacation a while back... Perhaps with a guided tour it's still possible

You did not hear this from me, but that is correct, most car rental companies ask that you not take the jeeps off road.

IF you do decide to do so, make sure you take the insurance.

For just one day on the island I do not recommend blowing a lot of time trying to get to the Natural Pool. If you HAVE TO GO there, take a guided tour- 4 x 4, horseback or ATV- much easier. :)

Except for the Natural Pool you can navigate the windward side of the island with any kind of vehicle, preferably heavier like an SUV.

Can someone recommend a good jeep rental company at the pier with reliable vehicles?

I would recommend that you try Richi Car Rental, (richicarrental@gmail.com) they are located right at the cruise ship pier and have fairly new jeeps. DO NOT rent from Smart Rent/ Smart Car their vehicles are in deplorable condition and are VERY UNSAFE. Not to mention that the operators are very unscrupulous individuals.

Archived