Military Rates Dropped Again

tonyrobin

I just found out that the rates for the August 27 sailing of the Glory have dropped again. We are within about 48 or so days (and have already made final payment) and I contacted my agent (closed today) and left a message about getting the new rates. Does anyone think its possible? I've wanted a balcony so bad but couldn't see paying another $540 for it. Now it will come out about even. What do you think? Thanks everybody!!!!

They might let you upgrade and get the discount.

When the rates went down for us after final payment they were willing to give us an upgrade but we picked specific cabins for a reason and didn't want to move. It was the upgrade or nothing so we got nothing. That was OK though. It's always worth a try to ask.

Military rates went down? Or all rates went down? :)

The military discount is a discount that is up to $200 per person depending on the capacity of the ship. So if all the rates went down and it would make a balcony about even, I think you should go for it, although they might not be able to offer you a $200/pp military discount if the ship is more full.

My PVP told me it is capacity-based so the earlier you can book wth the military discount the more your discount actually can work out to be.

Good luck!!! I'd love to hear what you find out!!!

What was the category you booked? When I booked my Glory sailing for 9/10, I was not given any upgrades and paid for a 4-A, in a specific room.

When I found out the rates dropped, I called my TA. She said I could only move up to a 4c gty (that is the same rate as I paid for the 4-A) and no onboard credit. I don't think that was any better.

I also did not receive any credit for the dropping of Progresso on Western It.

Good luck with your TA. Hope you can do better.

Just curious, how did you find out that the military rate for your Glory cruise in Aug. go down? We are booked on the Glory for November and received a $400.00 discount on a balcony cabin. When Carnival ran their past guest sale in June the price of our cruise dropped by $50.00pp. When I contacted my TA she said that since we were already discounted the military portion was only $28pp drop. Fine with me...any drop is better than no drop at all! I will have to keep my eyes glued between now and our final paymebnt in case it goes on sale again I guess.

I just found out that the rates for the August 27 sailing of the Glory have dropped again. We are within about 48 or so days (and have already made final payment) and I contacted my agent (closed today) and left a message about getting the new rates. Does anyone think its possible? I've wanted a balcony so bad but couldn't see paying another $540 for it. Now it will come out about even. What do you think? Thanks everybody!!!!

I don't think the Military rate/discount changed, I think maybe the actual cruise price just changed. If your cruise price went down, alot of times it depends on your TA if they get your discount or not, some will get it for you, some don't. This is where a good TA makes a difference. Call and ask, all they can do is say yes or no, good luck.

They should allow you to upgrade. Also I read that for the first time military can book up to 3 cabins at their rate instead of only the one cabin they'll be in.
There's been MANy MANY threads on this, active duty can get up to 3 cabins, the 2nd 2 are discounted but not usually the same rate ( they used to give the same discount for all 3) for retired or vets, it's only 1 cabin. This PAST wk, carnival ran a special that you COULD book up to 3 with the same discount, but that ended today I think. ( and of course it's "suppose" to exclude previous bookings) Good on new bookings only. BUt again, it depends on your TA, if they are willing to go that extra mile or 2;)

What was the category you booked? When I booked my Glory sailing for 9/10, I was not given any upgrades and paid for a 4-A, in a specific room. When I found out the rates dropped, I called my TA. She said I could only move up to a 4c gty (that is the same rate as I paid for the 4-A) and no onboard credit. I don't think that was any better.

I also did not receive any credit for the dropping of Progresso on Western It.

Good luck with your TA. Hope you can do better.

sounds like you need a new TA.

We are booked on the Glory for November and received a $400.00 discount on a balcony cabin. When Carnival ran their past guest sale in June the price of our cruise dropped by $50.00pp. When I contacted my TA she said that since we were already discounted the military portion was only $28pp drop. Fine with me...any drop is better than no drop at all! .
this is how it's been for us as well, our cruise dropped 40.00 PP, instead of getting the 80. off for both of us we only got $76. ( they somehow prorate the discount because of already recieving such a great military discount already) but like you said, it's better then nothing, I'm grateful for any discount. Our TA is great, she openly admits she can't keep on top of all cruises/price drops and that if I see a drop call her, I called her when it dropped, she immediately got us our discount and within 10 mins faxed me a copy of the new price total.

I received an email from another agency that deals with interliner and military rates. The military rate had gone down. Since my TA is closed on Sunday I called Carnival and it had indeed gone down. So I called and emailed my TA and I am waiting for an answer. I'll let you know.

Yep! Tomorrow my TA gets a phone call.........But why do you suppose the TA wouldn't do their best for you? I have booked with her before and she knows I am a cruise addict. Well, it is her loss!!!!!!

I appreciate your feedback, cuz now I have something to work with.

I don't think the Military rate/discount changed, I think maybe the actual cruise price just changed. If your cruise price went down, alot of times it depends on your TA if they get your discount or not, some will get it for you, some don't. This is where a good TA makes a difference. Call and ask, all they can do is say yes or no, good luck.

The Military rates did drop, as well as the regular cruise prices. I check the military and regular rates regularly online. When I saw the drop, I call CCL to confirm, and THEN I called my TA. My TA is definately not working in my best interest.

It pays to pay attention. Whether it is a sales receipt or cruise prices. Do you know when it went down? It would have been nice to be contacted by my TA.

Yes, I first noticed the drop July 4th. I called my TA on the 5th.

The Military rates did drop, as well as the regular cruise prices. I check the military and regular rates regularly online. When I saw the drop, I call CCL to confirm, and THEN I called my TA. My TA is definately not working in my best interest.

If the regular cruise drops, then the military rate drops. It is misleading to suggest that the military "rate" is independent from the regular rate. The military rate is UP TO a $200/pp discount off the rack rate, depending on capacity of the ship.

I'm glad your TA is willing to work with you when the rate drops to adjust your rate. My PVP is in my corner, too.

If the regular cruise drops, then the military rate drops. It is misleading to suggest that the military "rate" is independent from the regular rate. The military rate is UP TO a $200/pp discount off the rack rate, depending on capacity of the ship.

I'm glad your TA is willing to work with you when the rate drops to adjust your rate. My PVP is in my corner, too.

You are correct. I just check the rates independentaly.

I see you and DH will be enjoying R&R upon his return. I wish him Godspeed. As well as all of our precious troops. Give him an extra hug and kiss from those of us who are proud of our service people.

If the rates went down a week ago then I think that would be plenty of time for my TA to contact me. I have called and emailed this morning and still have not spoken to her. I really like to know what is going on and have things set.

What if your sailing date is already sold out? Guess there would be no change, correct???? Sailing on the Oct. 10 Holiday and it's booked!

We got a military rate--would there be any change at all to come?

I called Carnival and the agent said that they could upgrade. Then my TA called and said that the person she spoke to at Carnival said no. She said to give her some more time and she would see what she could do. After I spoke to her, I called Carnival and spoke to another agent and she said that they could upgrade. I got her name and called and left and message for my TA and also gave her the agents name. Can you take you reservation from a TA and give it to Carnival?

Archived