Sensation Or Holiday??

flossyal

Hello fellow cruisers- I would like some opinions on the Sensation and/or the Holdiay. I am trying to make a decision on which one to book. Ports are the same distance away for us, both would be 5 night cruises. I have only sailed he Elation in the past and am planning this cruise for my 9 yr. old daughter. Ports are basically the same, so my delemma is on ship size. I tend to get seasick, but previous posts have listed both ships as rocking and rolling. (I use my seabands and bonine though). Also have seen my posts regarding new bedding on the Holiday. I would really appreciated some opinions of people who have cruised either ship or both within the past year. Thanks!! :)

speak about the Holiday, which we have been on 5 times and going again on 8/29.Of our 30 cruises including the Conquest, Grandeur of the Seas and others, the Holiday is our favorite, primarily because the crew has always been the friendliest and most helpful we have found.The food is very good, as is the entertainment, but having worked in the service business, I appreciate and enjoy good personnel. We were on the Holiday last year when hurrricane Ivan forced us to change itenarary and have an extra day at sea, the captain and crew were always keeping us informed and out of harms way. Like you, we are equally between Mobile and N.O. and I had some friends sail out of N.O. last month and they said getting to and from the terminal was horrific because of construction of a new parking garage. The Mobile terminal was brand new and easily accessible from 1-10. Whicheveryou choose, hope you have a great time.

Sensation--begger, newer, but the same as elation

Hello fellow cruisers- I would like some opinions on the Sensation and/or the Holdiay. I am trying to make a decision on which one to book. Ports are the same distance away for us, both would be 5 night cruises. I have only sailed he Elation in the past and am planning this cruise for my 9 yr. old daughter. Ports are basically the same, so my delemma is on ship size. I tend to get seasick, but previous posts have listed both ships as rocking and rolling. (I use my seabands and bonine though). Also have seen my posts regarding new bedding on the Holiday. I would really appreciated some opinions of people who have cruised either ship or both within the past year. Thanks!! :)

Floss - I've been on both ships, and I prefer the Holiday. She's eight years older than the Sensation, but is kept up very well, and the new bedding is on both ships. The Holiday will be in drydock in early October, so I guess they'll be spiffing her up again.:)

Personally, I think the Holiday's food was a tad bit better, and the service couldn't have been any better. Very attentive staff and crew. The Holiday is easier to learn your way around. The Sensation has a few areas that are difficult to get to, like the aft dining room.

All in all, I enjoyed my cruises on both ships. I'm sure your daughter would enjoy either one.

Archived