I Got Welcomed to the VIFP Club for My 22nd Carnival Cruise!

winddawn

This is so funny I just had to share it with you. I got an email from Carnival this afternoon "introducing" me to the VIFP Club for what will be my 22nd Carnival cruise over New Years (yes that was Carnival's choice of words-introducing me), and telling me that I am now a VIFP Club Member. Do you really think that Carnival doesn't know that I've been cruising with them for 17 years, and that I didn't know they launched VIFP a year and a half ago reducing my platinum benefits? The email says that I am a member of their brand new guest recognition program; VIFP. And I guess they also completely overlooked the fact that I will embark one of their ships this weekend.

Jeez Louise.....I had to laugh. Somebody fell asleep at the keyboard today. Carnival is officially "welcoming" me after 17 years! Funny stuff worthy of the Punchliner Comedy Club!

This is so funny I just had to share it with you. I got an email from Carnival this afternoon "introducing" me to the VIFP Club for what will be my 22nd Carnival cruise over New Years (yes that was Carnival's choice of words-introducing me), and telling me that I am now a VIFP Club Member. Do you really think that Carnival doesn't know that I've been cruising with them for 17 years, and that I didn't know they launched VIFP a year and a half ago reducing my platinum benefits? The email says that I am a member of their brand new guest recognition program; VIFP. And I guess they also completely overlooked the fact that I will embark one of their ships this weekend.

Jeez Louise.....I had to laugh. Somebody fell asleep at the keyboard today. Carnival is officially "welcoming" me after 17 years! Funny stuff worthy of the Punchliner Comedy Club!

;) By the way - welcome to Cruise Critic! ;)

:) LOL - better late than never. :)

Cool, I've received the Gold VIFP pin three cruises in a row. Cant wait to see what I get this week when I turn Platinum.

A big gaudy ship specific pin with 2013 displayed suitable for framing. Got the same email today. 96 days at sea with these guys.

Cool, I've received the Gold VIFP pin three cruises in a row. Cant wait to see what I get this week when I turn Platinum.

Each Platinum gets:

An entirely different type of pin, with the ship name and the year of sailing.

Chocolate Delight (I think that's what they call it) Yummy, but diabetic - Danger Flag!!! ;)

Baseball Cap (this may change, there's some discussion about a collapsible cooler)

Priority embark, disembark and tendering ashore, even before the FTTF's (Returning to the ship is first come, first serve as always)

...and did we get that bottle of champagne for Platinum, or for the B2B? :D

Oh yeah - I get the "Welcome to VIFP" email before every cruise...

Edited by oldrailfan

Each Platinum gets:

An entirely different type of pin, with the ship name and the year of sailing.

Chocolate Delight (I think that's what they call it) Yummy, but diabetic - Danger Flag!!! ;)

Baseball Cap (this may change, there's some discussion about a collapsible cooler)

Priority embark, disembark and tendering ashore, even before the FTTF's (Returning to the ship is first come, first serve as always)

...and did we get that bottle of champagne for Platinum, or for the B2B? :D

Oh yeah - I get the "Welcome to VIFP" email before every cruise...

i am platinum and on the dream 2 weeks ago I got the pin. it only had 2013 on it, no name of the ship.:)

• 4 weeks later...

I got exactly the same email and I got a real kick out it as well, way to funny!! :D I've been sailing with Carnival since 2003 and will be embarking on my 14th, 15th, and 16th Carnival cruises starting at the end of next week, lol!!!! :D

Edited by Avril

I got exactly the same email and I got a real kick out it as well, way to funny!! :D I've been sailing with Carnival since 2003 and will be embarking on my 14th, 15th, and 16th Carnival cruises starting at the end of next week, lol!!!! :D

Isn't it nice to feel important, Avril? lol

Isn't it nice to feel important, Avril? lol

Sure is Brianna, haha, lol!! :D

It's hilarious now :D but when I first got it, I had a major panic attack thinking they had somehow deleted my cruise history and my Platinum status had gone bye-bye!! :eek: Not a problem though, went onto Carnival's website and everything is as it should be!! :D