Playa Azul...

danyelle

Playa Azul is a very small public beach located at the far north end of the island. It is manmade...sand brought in. There is a sand, beach entry into the water (versus a ladder). They have probably 10-15 beach chairs and a couple of tables and chairs. It is located in between two hotels...Playa Azul and Sol Cabanas. There is a small restaurant that you can order drinks and food from that is part of Playa Azul hotel. There are no other "stuff".

I'm not sure I would call it cozy...but it is small. Check out the Playa Azul Hotel website and it is just to the right of the hotel. They do have some decent snorkeling. Just not much else. There is alot of hotel people traffic there sometimes. I have gone there a couple of times. Just do not go on a Sunday...it is packed! Some place else you might want to think about is Uvas Beach. Very small, very chic, very loungy. Located just before you get to Chankanaab. Not a place for kids though!

We stopped there between dives one day in December. I thought it was really nice if you want a quite beach experience. No water toys, but the sand was soft and the snorkeling is supposed to be worth the effort.

Archived