Question regarding "resident rates"

4merlurker

Why is it only guarantee rooms offered under resident rate? :confused:

The rooms are not guarantee. After clicking the rate it takes you to a screen that gives a disclaimer along the line someone in the cabin must be from an applicable state. You then get the option to go to the previous code. Once you do you should get the option to choose your cabin.

This is what it says: :(

You’ve selected East Coast Residents Sale!

Offer available to Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania residents only. Proof of residency required. When choosing a guarantee stateroom, there is a possibility the stateroom's view may be obstructed.

Want to Select your Room?

Return to the Previous Step

CONTINUE

Offer available to Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania residents only. Proof of residency required. When choosing a guarantee stateroom, there is a possibility the stateroom's view may be obstructed.

CONTINUE

:confused: Did you go to the question "want to select your room"??, it should give you options. The previous line just states "When" you pick a guarantee room. It is possible the cruise is filling up OR the kind of room you are picking only has guarantees available. I just picked a West Coast sale and was able to pick the room I wanted. Good Luck!!

CONTINUE

Pepsigirl is right. Click on the link that says Want to select your room.

Where do u find those sales? We are from the midwest

Think you need to live near a port I've never seen specials for the Midwest :( if I'm wrong someone hopefully will say something but I've never seen it for us Midwest peeps :(

CONTINUE

You are correct that there is an upcharge to choose your room (if you are looking at the splendor this is the only cruise I checked to see if they changed the system). The cruise is selling well so they have the rate but you have to give them the option to choose your room. If you wish to choose your room you pay a little more.

We are from the Midwest and during the last sale a resident rate came up as a choice for our 2014 cruise. Since I booked Early Saver months ago, I did a price match for the resident rate and it was granted. This is the first time resident rate has popped up as an option for our Midwest state.

It is up to Carnival whether they want to offer a resident rate as a guarantee or not. You might see it either way depending on the particular offer that you are looking at.

What date/ship are you looking at? I booked the Pride under the resident rate a few weeks ago and was able to pick my cabin number. I just randomly checked a few dates for the Pride and Splendor and had the option to pick cabin number.

splendor 1/4. The option is now there to chose a room but there's an extra charge. Oh well.

I have 3 cabins booked - 1 balc (assigned at booking) 1 OV guar & 1 Inside Guar. All are linked. I was hoping we'd all be near each other but i dont think there are any ov's on balcony decks. Looks like they are only on 1 and 2. Maybe the inside and ov will be near each other. :confused:

The waiting is killing me! I dont know how people book guarantees so far out!

splendor 1/4. The option is now there to chose a room but there's an extra charge. Oh well.

I have 3 cabins booked - 1 balc (assigned at booking) 1 OV guar & 1 Inside Guar. All are linked. I was hoping we'd all be near each other but i dont think there are any ov's on balcony decks. Looks like they are only on 1 and 2. Maybe the inside and ov will be near each other. :confused:

I tried and was able to pick my cabin number for interior and balcony, but it came up guarantee for OV???

I understand, hopefully you'll hear soon on your cabin assignments.

Happy cruising!!!

We're on the same sailing (and roll call). I believe we booked right around the same time.

We also booked an inside under the East Coast Resident's rate and at the time, that rate was for a guarantee.

I have noticed that now you can pay a little more to choose your own but at the time of booking, I don't think we were offered that option.

We only have the one cabin so I can understand you being anxious about where your 3 will be located.

Think you need to live near a port I've never seen specials for the Midwest :( if I'm wrong someone hopefully will say something but I've never seen it for us Midwest peeps :(

We are from the Midwest and during the last sale a resident rate came up as a choice for our 2014 cruise. Since I booked Early Saver months ago, I did a price match for the resident rate and it was granted. This is the first time resident rate has popped up as an option for our Midwest state.

Oh wow, so u just had your state typed in ( ours is Iowa) and a Midwest discount came up?

Archived