Sandals Jamaica

Angiem

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone does a day pass to Sandals Mo Bay or Ocho Rios? Any details appreciated.

Angie

Yes we did the day pass to Sandals Ocho Rios 4 years ago- total rip-off. Drinks were watered down & food bad quality. I believe Montego Bay is a lot better.

I've been to both resorts, but not on a day pass. They are both beautiful, with Grande Riviera being almost completely remodeled and HUGE(in Ocho Rios). They have a number of large pools with swim up bars, lots of restaurants and a smallish beach. Montego Bay is literally at the end of the airport runway, so it can be noisy during the day as planes take off, but a great beach. There are only two small pools, one with a swim up bar. Depends on what you want to do and where your ship is docking. If I had my choice to spend one day, it would be Grande Riviera because of the great snorkeling there, plus I like to hang out at swim up pool bars.

Thanks for your replies. I would rather the Grande..but how far it is by taxi to Ocho Rios from Montego Bay pier? Thanking you in advance. We have stayed at Sandals before and done day passes at Grand St Lucian Sandals....we love it

Angie

In August I stayed at the Grande in Ochi Rios. If you have resort questions I could probably answer them.

I would love anything at all you wish to share. My main concern is the distance from Montego Bay to the resort.\\Angie

Thanks for your replies. I would rather the Grande..but how far it is by taxi to Ocho Rios from Montego Bay pier? Thanking you in advance. We have stayed at Sandals before and done day passes at Grand St Lucian Sandals....we love it

Angie

Yeah, that would be a really long day. What are your port times? From where the ships dock in MoBay, you are looking at close to 2 hrs from the port to Sandals Grande Riviera (that's each way). Not sure how long you are in port, but with 4 hrs of driving, I don't know if the cost of the day pass......PLUS a rather large taxi bill......would be in your best interest. From Falmouth, maybe, but from MoBay...no way.

We are cruising to Falmouth on Disney and will be doing day passes to Sandals Royal Caribbean. Mo Bay and Royal are a pretty short drive from Falmouth at under 30 miles. If you happen to be going to Royal and want to share transportation costs for December 3rd I already have a driver arranged.

• 3 months later...
I would love anything at all you wish to share. My main concern is the distance from Montego Bay to the resort.\\Angie

For a one day stay I wouldn`t recommend going that far, the road is only 2 lanes & not that great, also would be expensive. Their are several Sandals in Ocho Rios & they vary. Check out the one they sold near Dunns River called Jewel.