Canada/New England with Kids?

taylortroop

Hoping someone can help me. Hubby and I just returned from our first cruise. We cruised to Alaska on the Radiance of the Seas. We loved it so much, we are now thinking of taking the kids on a cruise. Two boys, ages 13 and 11. Wondering if anyone has taken their kids on the Canada/New England cruise. If so, can you give me some insight. Did the kids enjoy it?

• 2 weeks later...

We have been on Radiance with our boys now 10 & 13 and we leave on the July 24 Enchantment, we will let you know about the trip when we return, What did you like to do in Alaska? my kids loved the ship the best so I got to pick the ports this time since they don't really care

Jeri

Jeri: We didn't take the kids to Alaska, just hubby and I for the first cruise. We did three excursions - whale watching, snorkelling and the 17 man canoe trip to the face of Davidson Glacier. Snorkelling was awesome. We saw about 8 whales so that was fun as well. The canoe thing was really neat, but very cold and windy. That took some of the fun out of it. I would love to hear about Canada/New England when you return. Please fill me in. I am disappointed that RCI isn't doing that itinerary in 2006, so we'll have to pick another cruise line.

• 1 month later...

Taylortroop,

Hope you see this question to your post in July. How do you know RCCL isn't doing New England in 2006? Are you sure? We sure are counting on going. I assumed that they just haven't posted the itinerary for next fall because it's too early.

Oh no, it's true! sob sob sob. We've been saving up our points and have to cash them in by next fall or we start losing them.

I called RCCL and they are pushing callers into going with Celebrity on the Constellation, but it's for 11, 12, or 13 day trips. They leave from Cape Liberty NJ. Also I asked if our balcony discount thru C&A for being platinum would transfer and was told no. Bummer.

I'm going to try to find something else to do on RCCL in Sept. Perhaps Alaska. Hope it's not dark all day in Alaska the first week of Sept. Hmmm.

I know how you feel. I, too, am very disappointed that RCI is not doing Canada/New England in 2006. I have looked at the other options, but haven't found the itinerary that I want. I want to stop in Maine, perferably to do a trip into Freeport, but also want to see as much of the East Coast of Canada as possible eg. PEI, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, etc. I'd like a 7 day trip, can't really afford the 10, 11 or more days. Really want to take the kids so it has to be a reasonable cost.

• 2 months later...

We were on a July Holland America New England/Canada 7 day trip two summers ago and there were very, very few kids on board. Nice mix of passengers from mid-30's through 70's, but we were glad our teenager wasn't along.

Barb

Archived