Eastern Caribbean Epic excursion questions??? Please help

tripletsmommy

My family and I booked almost last min (booked yesterday) for the 7-Day Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Epic. We have sailed about 10 times on the NCL, but never the Epic. I have a few questions...Have you sailed on the Epic before, what are some good tips on what to do on board. We will be at sea for the first two days. We have 6 year old triplets and a 8 year old. And then, have you sailed the Easter Caribbean before? I have looked at the shore excursions, but they are outrageously priced. Can I book anything ahead of time not threw the cruise? Thank you so much in advance for any suggestions!

Hi Tripletsmommy! We are booked on the Epic for Saturdays sailing. This will be our first time on the Epic as well as the first time at two of the three ports, so unfortunately I am not much help but I found a TON of information on the ports of call boards-- might want to check there for ideas for do it yourself excursions :).

Edited by SuzanneH

We have done the Epic Eastern Caribbean itinerary twice with our children who were between 7 and 10 years of age depending on the year of the cruise. We did not do any ship based excursions. In St. Maarten we tried Orient Beach our first year and Le Galeon beach our second time around. Le Galeon was great for the kids. The water was shallow and calm, there are rafts to swim to and jump off and clean washroom facilities if you rent chairs. I t would be our recommendation in St. Maarten for a great beach day.

In St. Thomas we are big fans of Megan's (sp?) Bay and visited both times.

In Nassau we booked a room at the Comfort Suites to take advantage of their Atlantis privledges. We check in and out at the same time and spend the day at Atlantis for a fraction of the cost. Room availabilty may be at a premium on short notice.

Have fun - we love the Epic.

We have done the Epic Eastern Caribbean itinerary twice with our children who were between 7 and 10 years of age depending on the year of the cruise. We did not do any ship based excursions. In St. Maarten we tried Orient Beach our first year and Le Galeon beach our second time around. Le Galeon was great for the kids. The water was shallow and calm, there are rafts to swim to and jump off and clean washroom facilities if you rent chairs. I t would be our recommendation in St. Maarten for a great beach day.

In St. Thomas we are big fans of Megan's (sp?) Bay and visited both times.

In Nassau we booked a room at the Comfort Suites to take advantage of their Atlantis privledges. We check in and out at the same time and spend the day at Atlantis for a fraction of the cost. Room availabilty may be at a premium on short notice.

Have fun - we love the Epic.

Thedoc- can you tell me how far Le Galeon was from the port? Was it crowded?

And what kind of things are there to do at Atlantis?

Thanks!

My family and I booked almost last min (booked yesterday) for the 7-Day Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Epic. We have sailed about 10 times on the NCL, but never the Epic. I have a few questions...Have you sailed on the Epic before, what are some good tips on what to do on board. We will be at sea for the first two days. We have 6 year old triplets and a 8 year old. And then, have you sailed the Easter Caribbean before? I have looked at the shore excursions, but they are outrageously priced. Can I book anything ahead of time not threw the cruise? Thank you so much in advance for any suggestions!

Definitely visit the Ports of Call board on Cruise Critic. Lots of options for the Eastern Caribbean that you can book privately.

St Maartin--water taxi there is beach, bars and shops nice, fun place

St Thomas--Shopping near pier or Godfrey tours great tours great prices

Nassau---Straw market and walk to Greycliff beautiful place with chocolate making and tours(I think tours) we were more interested in the nearby Rum Factory

Enjoy

Safe sailing