Earliest time for Port of Miami to FLL flight

bswisu

Our ship is supposed to dock in Miami at 8am. There will be 16 in our group and we are going to make our own arrangements for transportation to pick us up at the port when we debark. Would we have enough time to make a 12pm flight out of Ft. Lauderdale?

Thanks for the help....

Our ship is supposed to dock in Miami at 8am. There will be 16 in our group and we are going to make our own arrangements for transportation to pick us up at the port when we debark. Would we have enough time to make a 12pm flight out of Ft. Lauderdale?

Thanks for the help....

I think you need to do your math before asking this question blindly.

for disembarkation, getting luggages, going thru custom/immigration assuming you are returning from Caribbean ...

dock at 8am you may not be on the street by 9 or 9:30am. with such a big group ... dont know how organized that can be to get into transportation ... another 30 mintues may be needed ... So by the time everything is ready to go it could be 9:30 to 10:00am.

Then driving to FLL will be another 30 to 45 minutes...

Mid-day at airport for checking in again for such big group with lots of luggages, going thru the security which sometimes takes 30 to 45 minutes ...

yeah, you can catch the 12pm flight with tons of luck.

We just booked a 12:45 out of Ft. Lauderdale, and our ship docks in Miami at 8:30. Both limo places I called for quotes said that that time frame wasn't a problem, although there are only 2 of us. Just make sure when you board that you tell the purser's office that you need that first color off the ship, so you're not stuck waiting unnecessarily.

The docking times mentioned in the itineraries are not at all accurate. The ships all dock at between 5-7am and the first passengers are normally let off at around 7:30am. There are always exceptions to the norm though! Keep in mind that it can take a while to get through Customs & Immigration as the lines can be very long and the process slow.

Under normal circumstances it takes about 30-45 minutes to get to FLL from the Port of Miami.

FLL on winter weekends though is a nightmare with all the passengers from Port Everglades, plus many from the Port of Miami. It's not uncommon to have over 20,000 people dumped on that airport in a 2 hour period so you can imagine how long the lines to check in and get through security can get!

As a previous poster said, it can be done, but with a group that size you'll need some luck to pull it off without a hitch... Personally I would want a little more time.

Your group should carry your own luggage off the ship. This option should have you off the ship no later than 9:30. Pre-arrange transporation and have them waiting for you when you leave the ship.

How would you prearrange transportation?

We just booked a 12:45 out of Ft. Lauderdale, and our ship docks in Miami at 8:30. Both limo places I called for quotes said that that time frame wasn't a problem, although there are only 2 of us. Just make sure when you board that you tell the purser's office that you need that first color off the ship, so you're not stuck waiting unnecessarily.

May I ask the quote you were given and the name and number of the limo co if you have it. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I booked a later flight at 3:45pm. After thinking about it I wouldn't want to be responsible for 16 people stranded in FLL having missed an early flight.

Thanks for all the input from some of you more seasoned travelers.

Archived