Imagination vs. Inspiration?

arby70

Thinking about taking a 4 day cruise to Catalina and Ensenada...never been to either place. We're thinking of going the end of January or the first part of February. Both the Imagination and Inspiration go on this itinerary and leave a day apart. We're both retired so the days they leave are not important to us.

My question is, those of you that have sailed these ships, which would you prefer. I have sailed the Fantasy before and know that both these ships are the same size as her. Does one have anything over the other as far as décor being nicer than the other? I realize that crews change, so service and food would change with that, so I know I can't expect answers on these items. But if you had the 2 ships to choose from, which would you choose? Thanks.

Thanks to everyone for their input. I figured they'd be rather similar, and am glad to know either would be a good choice.:)

Imagination just was dry docked in September so maybe a little more fresh. We loved the ship in September the week before drydock

Inspiration is in dry dock right now. Hope it's a good one - I'll be on her next month - and I was just on the Imagination this past summer! I think they are really very similar ships and you'll have a great time on either one!