Boooo..SeaTrek through Jeanie's

mrsfuzzmo

So, we decided maybe we'd do a SeaTrek at Jeanie's in San Miguel. Weren't planning any excursions, just wanted to hang around town and then I saw this offered right in town. Thought I'd book them for the three of us to break up our day.

They were so nice, but now have told me that we cannot book directly through them because we would need to book through Carnival. BOOOOO!

I know of this practice with Dolphin swims, and I know how to get around it, but now that they've seen my name and know what I'm looking for, I'm afraid they will not let me book because they know I'm on the ship. BOOOO!

I don't want to do a ship's excursion because we just want to go on our own time and not with a big gang, and we wanted to be flexible in our schedules. I may still try another route, maybe a different website offering it and not tell them I'm on a ship.

Has anyone had luck booking as a walk up?

Edited by mrsfuzzmo

• 2 weeks later...
So, we decided maybe we'd do a SeaTrek at Jeanie's in San Miguel. Weren't planning any excursions, just wanted to hang around town and then I saw this offered right in town. Thought I'd book them for the three of us to break up our day.

They were so nice, but now have told me that we cannot book directly through them because we would need to book through Carnival. BOOOOO!

I know of this practice with Dolphin swims, and I know how to get around it, but now that they've seen my name and know what I'm looking for, I'm afraid they will not let me book because they know I'm on the ship. BOOOO!

I don't want to do a ship's excursion because we just want to go on our own time and not with a big gang, and we wanted to be flexible in our schedules. I may still try another route, maybe a different website offering it and not tell them I'm on a ship.

Has anyone had luck booking as a walk up?

WOW, that sucks. That's what I was planning to do but in Cozumel. I'll need to double check.

If you do, and in hindsight, I should have just told them I was at a resort or coming over from Playa for the day. There would not have been a problem then!

We've now booked the Underwater Personal Subs (scooters) instead through a different non-cruise line company. Their loss I guess. :)

Next time I will just book without letting them know I'm on a ship.

If you do, and in hindsight, I should have just told them I was at a resort or coming over from Playa for the day. There would not have been a problem then!

We've now booked the Underwater Personal Subs (scooters) instead through a different non-cruise line company. Their loss I guess. :)

Next time I will just book without letting them know I'm on a ship.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll remember that.

Well, my Carnival (ugg) cruise was free, and this has nothing to do with Carnival but the agreement that Jeannie's has with them.

Never fear, we've booked with shoretrips dot com and will do the underwater scooters with a different company.

How would it be obvious that you don't travel on Carnival? I've been on almost every cruise line (most multiple times) with 18 or 19 under my belt. I don't mind Carnival. Each line has it's good and it's bad.

Edited by mrsfuzzmo

I have been on 26 cruises and have always planned my own shore excursions, with great success, and with monetary savings besides.

Obviously, I don't travel on "Carnival". Ugh.

Good for you...

I have only traveled on Carnival and most of my excursions have been planned on my own...with much success. I'm sorry, maybe I missed your point. ?:confused: