Wonder or Magic?

KarimaJ

Hi. We have never cruised with DCL but are planning a Bahamas cruise in March. We can do either 3 night on the Magic from Port Canaveral or a 4 night on the Wonder out of Miami. It looks like Magic has more water slides and things for 8 year olds. Can anyone give me some advice on these 2 ships???

Thanks!! :)

I guess it's just me.. But I prefer the Wonder. For kids, yes, the water features on the Magic will be a hit. But the adult in me just loves the Wonder. Cove Cafe is much bigger and Outlook is gorgeous... Granted that was put on the ship because of the Alaska cruises, but I could just sit up there for hours on end reading and sipping a fresh espresso...

You can't go wrong on either, but the Magic has been newly refurbished. One thing though--the beds on the Magic have been changed to be the same as the Fantasy and Dream--they no longer separate into twin beds. While this isn't an issue to most people, it is to some. For example, I travel with my adult daughter. We liked to separate the big bed into 2 twins as they were more comfortable than the couch bed.

Yes, the new water slide on the Magic will appeal to kids.

Well I messed that up. We would be going on the new Dream (3 night) or Wonder (4 night). Turns out the cost would be almost a wash since transport to Port Canaveral for the Dream is costly and the need for a hotel. Any different thoughts?

Hi there,

I have been on the Wonder three times with my twins (nine years old now), but we have never been on the Dream. That being said, I would definitely book the Wonder for the additional night, three nights is not really enough time to do everything we like to do on the ship. My children always find lots to do, so much so that it's hard to get them out of the kids club to have dinner with me or to get them to bed at night.

Hope you have a great time!