booze & food question - Carnival Pride

canadian007

Husband and I would like a drink or 2 or 3 everyday...can you buy a bottle on board and just keep in the room? or any package that includes a few drinks aday?

any tips on saving on booze welcome.

Also regarding food any 24 hour snack bar? Dinner any alternative to the sit down formal dining?

Also 1 last question? is Atlantis doable ? our ship stops at Nassau (Departing March 9th)

FInal question - 1st time cruising - do I budget for any other expense besides graturites and excursion? any hidden fees?

Husband and I would like a drink or 2 or 3 everyday...can you buy a bottle on board and just keep in the room? or any package that includes a few drinks aday?

any tips on saving on booze welcome. A lot of people smuggle liquor by using rum runners

Also regarding food any 24 hour snack bar? Dinner any alternative to the sit down formal dining?

Also 1 last question? is Atlantis doable ? our ship stops at Nassau (Departing March 9th)

FInal question - 1st time cruising - do I budget for any other expense besides graturites and excursion? any hidden fees?

A lot of people smuggle liquor by using rum runners I would buy a bottle or two from the carnival website to enjoy as you wish. The prices are not cheap but better than buying per drink from the bar

Room service is 24 hours you should tip though

Gratuities are per person per day 11.50 added the second day to your onboard account

Excursions I would search on here at the port of call section and look for independent excursion companies

We loved the water park at Atlantis although very expensive over $100 per person

Only other fees are those which you need to give someone your sign and sail card

Edited by mikel24m

Husband and I would like a drink or 2 or 3 everyday...can you buy a bottle on board and just keep in the room? or any package that includes a few drinks aday? Hello to a fellow Canadian, There is a wine package you can get. 5 bottles for about 100 bucks.You can bring on a bottle of wine or champers per adult at departure port (make sure it's in your carry-on). If you go on Carnival bon voyage, you can buy a bottle of rhum, vodka... for about 70$ for a liter. Then you can make your own cocktails.

any tips on saving on booze welcome. Go to wine -food pairing

Also regarding food any 24 hour snack bar? Dinner any alternative to the sit down formal dining? Free room service, few bucks tip, free pizza, ceasr sald at pizza bar 24 hrs a day.

Extra's =Gambling? pictures? souvenirs? Spa? that's about it. Edited by realtrip

There is a wine package you can get. 5 bottles for about 100 bucks.sounds good :) can we buy that on board? or its something you prebook?

has anyone who's cruised pride done Atlantis? is the time enough? if I'm paying about $100/p should eb worth while

There is a wine package you can get. 5 bottles for about 100 bucks.sounds good :) can we buy that on board? or its something you prebook?

has anyone who's cruised pride done Atlantis? is the time enough? if I'm paying about $100/p should eb worth while

Depends on if you like water parks, if you do its worth it to just do that and if you gamble you can win your day passes gambling like we did :)

That's the only way I could justify paying that much and my wife made me ;)

I would pay the rate now though having done it and enjoyed it

As a new cruiser, there is a lot to learn and these boards are rich with information!

Atlantis is definitely doable, and I believe Carnival offers an excursion for this. You have the option to either book yourself or through CCL and there are perks to both. Carnival tends to be slightly higher in price, however you get the security that the ship will not leave without you (as they are aware there are a group of people on their excursion). Booking yourself typically saves you money, but you're pretty much on your own. I've done both ... it's all about time management and the excursion itself.

Now, for Atlantis, you could probably book it yourself. It's so close in proximity to the port that I doubt you'd have a problem.

As far as dining goes, you have plenty of options other than the main dining room (MDR). I haven't been on the Pride, but all ships have a buffet, and most ships have the deli, Indian Tandoor, Mongolian Wok, pizza, etc. Pizza, salad, and room service are all 24 hrs. All of the above are free.

First time tips:

*Set a waterproof watch to SHIP TIME. This will either be displayed on clocks by the elevators or on your in-room TV screen. Local island time is NOT ship time.

*All ship excursions go by ship time.

*MOST private excursions go by local island time. If you book independently, just be aware of this. It's no big deal, it just requires a little extra attention.

*Bring small bills for tips for shuttle/taxi drivers, room service, and small trinkets bought at port. We bring about $100 and it seems to be sufficient.

*For 2-3 drinks per day and to have a bottle in your room, you could order a 1L bottle through Bon Voyage. It's accessible through the Carnival website under Fun Shops. The bottles are quite expensive compared to liquor store prices, but are much cheaper than ordering drink-by-drink. You can also order mixers through BV, but it is unnecessary.

If you bring a water bottle with you, you can fill it with grapefruit, guava, orange, pineapple juice, or fruit punch and keep it cool in the room refrigerator. Also, the buffet offers both iced tea and lemonade complimentary all day, every day. So ... you have a lot of choices.

*Best tip of all ... HAVE FUN! Make your trip what you want it to be and escape from reality for a few days.

Enjoy :D

It definitely is. I've used day passes and most recently booked a night at the Comfort Suites Paradise Island (it help with changing of clothes for our photo session we scheduled and showering after we enjoyed the water park), but it included full access to everything Atlantis has to offer including room charging (Atlantis is charge-only)...you can check-in/out at the same time if needed.

As a new cruiser, there is a lot to learn and these boards are rich with information!

Atlantis is definitely doable, and I believe Carnival offers an excursion for this. You have the option to either book yourself or through CCL and there are perks to both. Carnival tends to be slightly higher in price, however you get the security that the ship will not leave without you (as they are aware there are a group of people on their excursion). Booking yourself typically saves you money, but you're pretty much on your own. I've done both ... it's all about time management and the excursion itself.

Now, for Atlantis, you could probably book it yourself. It's so close in proximity to the port that I doubt you'd have a problem.

As far as dining goes, you have plenty of options other than the main dining room (MDR). I haven't been on the Pride, but all ships have a buffet, and most ships have the deli, Indian Tandoor, Mongolian Wok, pizza, etc. Pizza, salad, and room service are all 24 hrs. All of the above are free.

First time tips:

*Set a waterproof watch to SHIP TIME. This will either be displayed on clocks by the elevators or on your in-room TV screen. Local island time is NOT ship time.

*All ship excursions go by ship time.

*MOST private excursions go by local island time. If you book independently, just be aware of this. It's no big deal, it just requires a little extra attention.

*Bring small bills for tips for shuttle/taxi drivers, room service, and small trinkets bought at port. We bring about $100 and it seems to be sufficient.

*For 2-3 drinks per day and to have a bottle in your room, you could order a 1L bottle through Bon Voyage. It's accessible through the Carnival website under Fun Shops. The bottles are quite expensive compared to liquor store prices, but are much cheaper than ordering drink-by-drink. You can also order mixers through BV, but it is unnecessary.

If you bring a water bottle with you, you can fill it with grapefruit, guava, orange, pineapple juice, or fruit punch and keep it cool in the room refrigerator. Also, the buffet offers both iced tea and lemonade complimentary all day, every day. So ... you have a lot of choices.

*Best tip of all ... HAVE FUN! Make your trip what you want it to be and escape from reality for a few days.

Enjoy :D

Booking private excursions are not bad as long as one researches the company they plan on using (on here in the ports of call section)

I agree about the juice in the AM just no fruit punch for years and I don't think pineapple either.I think you can order a few juices from room service tomato, grapefruit and apple

Booking private excursions are not bad as long as one researches the company they plan on using (on here in the ports of call section)

I agree about the juice in the AM just no fruit punch for years and I don't think pineapple either.I think you can order a few juices from room service tomato, grapefruit and apple

Yes, definitely research!

I'm mistaken, you're right about the fruit punch. I actually did see pineapple one morning for breakfast on the Breeze, though. They weren't all out every morning.

Hi

the 5 bottle wine package is on sale on the first day when you get onboard. You can't miss it. Usually by the main pool. They also sell unlimited soda and juice packages ( I think 7 or 8$ a day) but you have to buy for the week not by the day.