Early Saver ?

jimm

I tried to search to find the answer to this, but couldn't find it. Anyway, we booked ES for our upcoming January cruise. We have submitted final payment and the rate is $993 and now our cabin is offered for $1,073 with a $160 on board credit which would net out to $913. I wasn't sure that qualifies for any credit, but thought I would see if anyone ever tried to get an ES credit applied in this situation?

I tried to search to find the answer to this, but couldn't find it. Anyway, we booked ES for our upcoming January cruise. We have submitted final payment and the rate is $993 and now our cabin is offered for $1,073 with a $160 on board credit which would net out to $913. I wasn't sure that qualifies for any credit, but thought I would see if anyone ever tried to get an ES credit applied in this situation?

Yes. I have been in that position twice. You would have to pay more now, then you would get the OBC later to come out ahead. We have gotten them to do it both times. Both times, we sent in the form, with an explanation of what we were doing and why we were doing it. Both times, they sent a rejection email. Both times, I called them up, explaining it, and they did it for us. The first time, the phone rep was so confused. No matter how many times we explained that we would come out ahead in the end, she just didn't get it. She did it for us anyway, even though she surely thought that we didn't know what we were doing. She must have been thinking, "If they are so insistent on giving us more money, we'll take it." So you may get someone like that who just is incapable of seeing the big picture, but they should do it for you. We paid the higher rate, & then made sure that the OBC showed up on the documents. Print the paperwork, and take it with you on the cruise, just in case. After you make this change, if you apply for any future price reductions later, you will lose that OBC.

Edited by k2excursion

I am wondering samething. For 80. more I can get 160. on excursions, which I am planning on doing one that is 79.99 pp and there will be two of us. The only thing that bothers me is it had to be made after boarding. What if the one I want to do is sold out by then?? We also would like to do the tour behind the fun but I don't know if it would apply to that. Then I also do not want to lose my ES booking incase it drops even lower than that offer.

I am wondering samething. For 80. more I can get 160. on excursions, which I am planning on doing one that is 79.99 pp and there will be two of us. The only thing that bothers me is it had to be made after boarding. What if the one I want to do is sold out by then?? We also would like to do the tour behind the fun but I don't know if it would apply to that. Then I also do not want to lose my ES booking incase it drops even lower than that offer.

You would not lose ES. Once ES, always ES. What I was meaning in my earlier post was that if you price match later on, you will lose the 160 OBC. So the price would need to drop enough to make up for the OBC you'd be losing. I didn't realize that this OBC can only be used for shore excursions. That does make it tricky. Some excursions do sell out. With some excursions, they just bring in more buses for a big crowd, which means that it's almost impossible to sell out.

We booked Gust Appreciation - Shore Excursion Credit sale yesterday and I was able to pick my room.

The cost of the Shore Excursion credit was only $10 pp more than without the credit so it was worth it to us, since we plan on taking at least one Carnival excursion in the 5 islands we will be visiting.