Cemetery Beach

nirmd01

Hi

Am arriving next month on a cruise & want to do some snorkelling but do not want to do Stingray city etc. Have done some research & think Cemetery Beach may be good. Can anyone tell me how to get there from the cruise terminal & rough costs? If anyone knows of somewhere else that doesn't involve too much effort to get there I would appreciate suggestions.

Thanks

Cemetery Beach is part of the larger 7 mile beach.

We have taken a mini-bus there. Grabbed it near the port. $2? pp.

Very easy, but do not recall specific directions. You could use the search function here.

Coming back, we just hopped back onto one stopped on side of road.

We went to Cemetery on our first visit. Grabbed a public van like Colorado Kat and was dropped off at the cemetery. Only saw maybe twenty people there and we were there all day. The snorkeling was not that good.

Second trip we went to Eden Rock near the cruise pier. Better snorkeling but still not my cup of tea. We will probably try Devil's Grotto or some of the wrecks near McDonald 's next time.

Hi

Am arriving next month on a cruise & want to do some snorkelling but do not want to do Stingray city etc. Have done some research & think Cemetery Beach may be good. Can anyone tell me how to get there from the cruise terminal & rough costs? If anyone knows of somewhere else that doesn't involve too much effort to get there I would appreciate suggestions.

Thanks

The bus will get you there. #1 or #2. Tell the driver where you want to stop. We walked up to Cemetery Beach from our condo while on our honeymoon in GC. It wasn't great, not likely somewhere I'd specially head for. We didn't enjoy the snorkeling here.

Close to port you can head to the right to Eden Rock/Devil's Grotto (as previously mentioned) or walk up to the left to Rackham's (or the dive shop just before it) and head into the water there to the Wreck of the Cali. Watch for boat traffic! Stick with the snorkel boats that are there. There's also a reef further up behind the Burger King, called Cheeseburger Reef.

We enjoy walking right from the pier to Sunset House. It's about a 20 minute walk. Road is narrow, watch for traffic. You can snorkel from the shore and they make a mean Conch Fritter. Another 10 minutes up you'll find Smith Cove. Usually only 10 or so people there, good snorkeling around the ironshore and a gorgeous beach. (I got engaged AND married there, so in probably biased). ImageUploadedByForums1384996331.499152.jpg.c6a6a720c1638f9c24601c9ce82bde5b.jpg