The Zoo

dubybear

We went to the Belize Zoo about 2 years ago. We enjoyed it....saw many rain forest animals. Because I'm a substitute teacher, the three grade teachers love having me come in with my rain forest animal pictures.....and the students love to look at them. We went when my daughter was in fourth grade and she enjoyed it. The howler monkeys are awesome, the picarries are interesting....but smelly, the tapirs were my favorite. Look at the web site for the animals that are there.

We enjoyed it.....but.....don't expect a zoo like in the United States.....it's defininately rural.

Thanks for the feedback.....I love going to different zoo all over the country..

I'm not a teacher,but a nanny and mother of 2, But hey,who doesn't love zoos

and watching all the animals watching us.:)

Dbear, just wanted to let you know there is another zoo lover out there! Lately whenever I go somewhere for work (quite often) I'll go to the zoo in that city, if there is enough time of course. While on vacation in Costa Rica this Feb., we went to the zoo in San Jose. It was nice and tropical, but smaller. The cages were a bit small too. Belize is one of our ports of call this September, so I will try to make it to their zoo. I saw someone else post that the zoo was "buggy". If anyone else reads this, is that true? Not a fan of bugs, snakes, worms, etc. Thanks.

Archived