Star spa pass for 14 day sailing vs. using CAS comp + 1 week spa pass?

kiyoko

On a 14 day sailing, is it possible to purchase a spa pass on the Star in increments of 1 week or does one have to buy a pass for the full 14 days? The reason I ask is that with the CAS spa pass comp, it would be a waste to have to buy the entire 14 days. Does anyone know the cost on the Star for the pass--7 or 14 days? For those of you with CAS spa pass comps, was it required to use the free days consecutively or could you choose which days you wanted? I seem to recall that on the Breakaway, I think I had to use the days consecutively.

Edited by kiyoko

I think spa passes are only sold for the length of sailing. I don't know if they even sell day passes anymore -- used to be they would, if they had space.

Thanks, BeckyThane. I remember you responded very quickly to another question I had in a different thread and appreciated it back then as well. Usually, I'm on 7 day sailings and end up just using the CAS comps instead of buying a pass. In the past, we never ended up using the 7 day pass for all 7 days anyway, so the CAS comps are really useful. I already know that buying a 14 day pass will never be used fully, so thought I would ask here if there were any alternatives.

On a 14 day sailing, is it possible to purchase a spa pass on the Star in increments of 1 week or does one have to buy a pass for the full 14 days? The reason I ask is that with the CAS spa pass comp, it would be a waste to have to buy the entire 14 days. Does anyone know the cost on the Star for the pass--7 or 14 days? For those of you with CAS spa pass comps, was it required to use the free days consecutively or could you choose which days you wanted? I seem to recall that on the Breakaway, I think I had to use the days consecutively.

I can only answer about CAS. CAS will give a VIP player 5 days during the entire cruise. So that's 5 days for your 14 day cruise. The days do NOT have to be consecutive - you tell the spa what 5 days you'd like.

For Golden - it is 2 free spa days anytime during the cruise....again, you choose the days you'd like beforehand. They mark the back of your room key with the days you've chosen.

Harriet

Edited by hpecorari

I can only answer about CAS. CAS will give a VIP player 5 days during the entire cruise. So that's 5 days for your 14 day cruise. The days do NOT have to be consecutive - you tell the spa what 5 days you'd like.

For Golden - it is 2 free spa days anytime during the cruise....again, you choose the days you'd like beforehand. They mark the back of your room key with the days you've chosen.

Harriet

Hi Harriet,

I really appreciate that you also responded so quickly to my inquiry here and about the M&G set up in another thread.

My memory isn't as good as it used to be, so thanks for confirming that the CAS comp days don't have be used consecutively.

I guess I will plan on using the CAS comp and figure out the days I will want to use it. However, my son likes to just pop in when he feels like it so I'll probably buy the 14 day pass for him (although, based upon prior experience, I know that he won't use it everyday, despite promising to do so, and that it will end up irritating me). Hopefully, the 14 day pass won't be too expensive. Unfortunately, I've heard that the spa pass prices on NCL ships have gone up quite a bit in the recent past.

Thanks again.

Edited by kiyoko

Hi Harriet,

I really appreciate that you also responded so quickly to my inquiry here and about the M&G set up in another thread.

My memory isn't as good as it used to be, so thanks for confirming that the CAS comp days don't have be used consecutively.

I guess I will plan on using the CAS comp and figure out the days I will want to use it. However, my son likes to just pop in when he feels like it so I might end up just buying the 14 day pass for him (although, based upon prior experience, I know that he won't use it everyday, despite promising to do so, and that it will end up irritating me).

Thanks again.

You're welcome :) Also, I'm not sure how old your son is.....but I *think* there is an age limit for the spa pass.

Harriet

You're welcome :) Also, I'm not sure how old your son is.....but I *think* there is an age limit for the spa pass.

Harriet

He's 19. Your post reminded me about something that happened a long time ago. We used to primarily sail on Cunard and the QM2 had the best spa facilities I had ever seen at the time. I have always loved going to the spa, but back then my son, who had never experienced the spa, for some reason thought it was only for sissies and so kept refusing to come with me no matter how great I told him it was. One day on the QM2, he got lucky and won a free spa day pass in a raffle drawing and so reluctantly came with me. Big mistake. That was the most expensive "free spa pass" ever, because after learning first hand how wonderful it was, it turned him into a spa convert and ever since, he always wants to have a full sailing spa pass on every ship we board. The look on his face the first time he got into that fabulous whirlpool with all the bells and whistles was priceless--at that moment, I actually saw the light bulb go on in his brain. Thanks for rattling that long forgotten memory.