Carnival Las Caletas Beach Excursion

Cruznjuly

Hi Everyone....

Loving revisiting this forum... was a member 2 years ago for our Caribbean cruises, and wasn't able to retrieve my login info, so I'm starting all over again. haha Rookie! :)

Anyway, I'm looking to book the Las Caletas Beach Adventure excursion through Carnival. As I understand, this trip must be booked through CCL, and it's the same price as Vallarta Adventures, so it doesn't matter to me anyway.

My question is the timing. We dock at noon; tour starts at noon. We return at 6:30PM, which is a half hour past our dining time.

Thinking maybe I should switch to anytime or late dining? But then just for 1 night, that seems silly. So we just skip MDR for one night??

Anyway... it's pricey...about $400 for the 4 of us. Is this trip worth it? Enough worth it, that we miss one night of dinner?

Thanks for insight!!

My DH & I did this trip on our lat cruise to Puerto Vallarta and LOVED it. It is really beautiful, the boat ride over and back was wonderful, and the food they serve in the buffet was really good. They really do mean you can have unlimited beverages, both kid-friendly and adult. There were lots of beach toys, kayaks, rafts, etc. available, and the kids I saw were having a blast. I tried paddle-boarding for the first time. There are lots of great spots to just sit and watch the ocean and just chill.

We will definitely do this excursion again the next time we are in PV.

We did anytime dining for the first time on the last cruise we did and liked it much better than having a set time. Especially on port of call days. We didn't feel rushed to get back to the ship and get ready for dinner. This time we are taking our kids for the first time and definitely thought anytime dining was the way to go. You know how it goes when you have kids-someone might be tired, have a meltdown or something right around th time you need to be st dinner after a long day off the ship! We actually like going to the dining room for dinner rather than fight the lines at the buffet. More relaxing and I felt catered to!

We had also thought about this tour because it had great reviews but in the end we decided to go with the pirate ship. Seemed like we got a little of everything with that-swimming, beach, entertainment etc...I wish this kind of tour would have been offered in Cabo! I'm sure whatever you choose will be great! It did have great reviews!

Hi Everyone....

Loving revisiting this forum... was a member 2 years ago for our Caribbean cruises, and wasn't able to retrieve my login info, so I'm starting all over again. haha Rookie! :)

Anyway, I'm looking to book the Las Caletas Beach Adventure excursion through Carnival. As I understand, this trip must be booked through CCL, and it's the same price as Vallarta Adventures, so it doesn't matter to me anyway.

My question is the timing. We dock at noon; tour starts at noon. We return at 6:30PM, which is a half hour past our dining time.

Thinking maybe I should switch to anytime or late dining? But then just for 1 night, that seems silly. So we just skip MDR for one night??

Anyway... it's pricey...about $400 for the 4 of us. Is this trip worth it? Enough worth it, that we miss one night of dinner?

Thanks for insight!!

If you want to dine on the ship I would switch to anytime dining. We prefer it to fixed seating as it gives us a little more leeway. We are doing the Las Caletas trip in Feb however it will be on our second day in PV. You might want to consider going down to the Malecon and having dinner in PV. That is our plan on the overnight.

Hi Everyone....

Yes, this excursion can only be booked through the ship. It used to cost a bit more but times are tough. Us resort types can book direct with VA and get a 15% discount online.

I find it a little humorous that anybody would arrange/alter their dining schedule for an entire cruise based on one shore excursion. I know the food in the MDR is often very good but there are people that eat the buffet every night and never set foot in the MDR.

We spend most of November in Vallarta and have been to Las Caletas roughly a dozen times with our guests. We think it's an enjoyable outing.

Thanks for insight!!

Vallarta is something of a foodie’s paradise. The 19th Food Festival International is going on right now.

I would suggest you stick with your normal MDR preference for the cruise, enjoy your time at Las Caletas, clean up at the ship after and then head downtown to sample the rich Vallarta nightlife. You will find quite a few great spots to stop, eat and drink. Most cruise ships sail away at sunset. You have an opportunity to do what few cruisers get a chance to do . . . sample Vallarta after sunset.

Enjoy!

Edited by MSN-Travelers

Do you mean that you are doing the Las Caletas excursion on the second day?

I do not see that as an option on my trip.

Since we leave Puerto Vallarta at 3 PM on the second day, I did not think it was possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our cruise is Feb 8-15, 2014. On the second day in PV our Las Caletas excursion is from 745am- 215pm. It is perfect because we get lunch at Las Caletas and can enjoy snorkeling Midday. Not sure when your sailing but you might check and see if it is available. Love that we were able to book this through Carnival.