Roll Calls

duct tape

Ever since the SS roll calls were sent off to their own space, participation has fallen. Any chance, CC, we could possibly be returned to the general SS threads?? Quite a few of us never thought it was a good idea anyway!

here here, me too!!! This is what I was talking about before about all all the CC changes.

I'll agree but only if the roll calls can have some order to their titles so we don't end up with multiple threads for the same ship. Cruise number is sufficient but people won't search on that so ship, and date should be included too.

I don't think participation has dropped much, it wasn't great before, but possibly because it was too difficult to find your cruise.

I don't think participation has dropped much, it wasn't great before, but possibly because it was too difficult to find your cruise.
+1

I realize I'm in the minority, but personally, I like where they've been relocated. It maintains a sense of order and standardizes the process where all of the roll calls can be found for the various lines. I also like how the Silversea Cruises forum seems to be a lot cleaner these days as one can move from, and read, subject to subject within the threads. I no longer have to go back-and-forth between the forum home page and threads in order to avoid wading through roll call, after roll call, after roll call.

Just my two cents... :)

I think the issue is that we aren't using the roll-call tool properly. Although dang if I can figure it out.

In theory I'm supposed to click on the roll-call tool on the same bar as the User CP, FAQ, etc.

Then I select the ship - in my case, Silver Whisper. There are three roll calls set up, none of which is for my cruise (Jan 6, first two segments of the world cruise.)

I tried starting a roll call for this segment but nothing happened. I'm pretty sure I signed up for a meet & greet, but can't find an email saying I have.

Or maybe because it is the first segment of a World Cruise, there is no meet & greet since the world cruisers will meet each other.

I did comment ages ago on a Whisper thread about someone joining the ship in New Zealand but that thread has had no further activity.

I get the feeling the tool isn't being used to its full potential and instead there is the same mish-mash of threads with ambiguous titles in the Silversea roll call section but no proper roll call threads.