Any "Juicers" out there?

HeatherC430

My husband is purchasing me a juicer for Christmas. I’ve wanted one for awhile but wasn’t sure which one to purchase. He likes researching things and is doing the due diligence. In the meantime, I’d like to get as much information as I can in advance. I’m exploring juicing as a means of staying healthy and also hopefully dropping some weight too. I’d like any advice on websites/blogs you find helpful. Also, any specific books that have information on the basics and/or recipes would be great!

Thank you in advance!

My husband is purchasing me a juicer for Christmas. I’ve wanted one for awhile but wasn’t sure which one to purchase. He likes researching things and is doing the due diligence. In the meantime, I’d like to get as much information as I can in advance. I’m exploring juicing as a means of staying healthy and also hopefully dropping some weight too. I’d like any advice on websites/blogs you find helpful. Also, any specific books that have information on the basics and/or recipes would be great!

Thank you in advance!

Have you watched Fat sick and nearly dead?? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9x0Ppzw7nWU&list=TL2Fdhba45DE4

Do you have FB? If so sign up for this group it is amazing the inspiration and the information you receive. Juicing For Dummies

https://www.********************/jucingfordummies/?hc_location=stream

Edited by AzCruiseGurl

Have you watched Fat sick and nearly dead?? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9x0Ppzw7nWU&list=TL2Fdhba45DE4

Do you have FB? If so sign up for this group it is amazing the inspiration and the information you receive. Juicing For Dummies

https://www.********************/jucingfordummies/?hc_location=stream

I just ordered the DVD on Amazon. I should have it by this weekend!

I also signed up for the group on facebook. There seems to be a wealth of information available on there! I already had someone from the group send me a message (who's also getting a juicer for Christmas) so that we can learn & try this juicing thing together!

Thanks Sheri!

I looked into juicing but decided to do smoothies instead because they use the entire fruit or vegetable and give you more fiber. On the advice of a friend, I went to Kohl's and bought a Nutri-Bullet on sale. I was able to use a 30% off coupon to get the price down even more. While I was looking at the box, a woman walking by told me she loved hers and was getting rid of her juicer.

The smoothies are easy to make and you can do a variety of combinations. I usually put in a handful of baby spinach and some chopped carrots and whatever fruit appeals to me. I like to add half a banana and sometimes some yogurt. I buy bags of frozen fruit at Costco or fresh fruit. I've put kale, celery, tomatoes, and cucumbers in them, too. Add some type of liquid (usually water but I sometimes put in a little juice or milk) and blend it up. There is a Nutri-Bullet group on Facebook that will give you ideas for smoothie recipes.

I bought mine in January and have lost about 50 lbs since then, due to a combination of smoothies and carb cutting. I feel better and have more energy. I don't have sugar and carb cravings like I used to have.

You don't need to buy a Nutri-Bullet; any good-quality blender will do. My dad hates vegetables and claims it hurts his teeth to chew them. When I was visiting my parents in June, I bought a heavy-duty blender and made smoothies for them. My dad liked them a lot, but it was probably a good thing that I didn't tell him they all had veggies in them.

One of my friends lost a lot of weight by doing juicing. He has a high-end Breville juicer but I don't remember which model number.

• 2 weeks later...

I love juicing! I got started after being diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and soft tissue/muscle injuries earlier this year. Doing research and talking to others one thing that was a common denominator was poor cell nutrition. Juicing, unlike smoothies, is pure juice so it is directly absorbed into the cells and does not have the fiber which goes through the digestion process.

Anyway - I started with citrus juices but now love green juices, although they are a bit funky in color. My favorite: spinach, kale, parsley, cucumber, green apples, celery, lemon and ginger. I try to juice 4-5 times a week as my lunch meal replacement. Along with conscious eating, walking and juicing I've lost 49 pounds (oh that darn 1 pound!) since April.

I use this website for great recipes - She has great recipes and not just for juicing. Whatever you decide to purchase, make sure it's easy to clean. I have a Hamilton Beach juicer that I got from Amazon.com for less than $100.

http://www.theearthdiet.org/

I love juicing! I got started after being diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and soft tissue/muscle injuries earlier this year. Doing research and talking to others one thing that was a common denominator was poor cell nutrition. Juicing, unlike smoothies, is pure juice so it is directly absorbed into the cells and does not have the fiber which goes through the digestion process.

Anyway - I started with citrus juices but now love green juices, although they are a bit funky in color. My favorite: spinach, kale, parsley, cucumber, green apples, celery, lemon and ginger. I try to juice 4-5 times a week as my lunch meal replacement. Along with conscious eating, walking and juicing I've lost 49 pounds (oh that darn 1 pound!) since April.

I use this website for great recipes - She has great recipes and not just for juicing. Whatever you decide to purchase, make sure it's easy to clean. I have a Hamilton Beach juicer that I got from Amazon.com for less than $100.

http://www.theearthdiet.org/

Thanks for the tip on the website. I'll check it out! My DH bought me the juicer early so I've been using it over a week and have already lost 5 lbs! He bought the Breville multispeed juice fountain. I've been drinking juice at least 2-3 times a day & have one veggie based meal (or salad) for dinner. I've also been going to the gym and doing cardio most days. So far I love it, and it's easier to stick to than what I would have initially thought. Everyday I feel great & have tons of energy too!

We have a Breville Juicer and use it often. Some NCL ships offer fresh juice for a small charge, a great way to start your day.:)

From what I read on CC, my upcoming Celebrity cruise will also offer freshly squeezed juices (which are included in the beverage package). I'm really looking foward to that!

Thanks for the tip on the website. I'll check it out! My DH bought me the juicer early so I've been using it over a week and have already lost 5 lbs! He bought the Breville multispeed juice fountain. I've been drinking juice at least 2-3 times a day & have one veggie based meal (or salad) for dinner. I've also been going to the gym and doing cardio most days. So far I love it, and it's easier to stick to than what I would have initially thought. Everyday I feel great & have tons of energy too!

That is the same juicer I have. I love it!

You are doing really great : )

I try and juice breakfast and lunch during the week

but haven't been able to do it on the weekend since they are so busy

this time of year.

Did you get a chance to watch Fat Sick and nearly dead?

Keep up the good work :)

That is the same juicer I have. I love it!

You are doing really great : )

I try and juice breakfast and lunch during the week

but haven't been able to do it on the weekend since they are so busy

this time of year.

Did you get a chance to watch Fat Sick and nearly dead?

Keep up the good work :)

Thank you! Yes, I watched it right before I got my juicer. I recently gave it to one of my coworkers who also just got a juicer!

My recent addiction is finding things I can do with the pulp as opposed to throwing it away. So far I've made pulp crackers - which taste great with hummus! And this weekend, I made veggie/black bean burgers (without meat). I'm still in shock how great they tasted! I jokingly said to my husband this weekend, it's like juicing on the weekends is a second workout! Between cutting veggies, juicing, making something with the pump & cleanup, it takes me several hours! After I'm done with that and a trip to gym, I'm virtually exhausted! In any case, even though I haven't lost anymore than the 5 lbs thus far (after 2 weeks), I'm confident that eventually the weight will keep coming off if I do what I'm supposed to (how could it not, right?). Thanks for the encouragement! :)

I just ordered myself 4 new bathing suits for my upcoming cruise - I deserve it, right? ;)

Edited by HeatherC430