Nassau - Sheraton Day Pass questions?

Froufie

Looking for information on those that have recently visited the sheraton on cable beach as I am trying to decide on a beach for our upcoming family cruise (3 kids: 15/22/27).

Here are the 2 options I am interested in?

Silver Package

Includes lunch and two non-alcoholic drinks

Access to beach and pool (all outdoor standard amenities, including towels and some non-motorized water sports)

Fixed menu choice at the poolside Dolphin Grill

Adults: $40 (ages 13+)

Children: $20 (ages 4-12)

Bronze Package (Beach and Pool Pass Only)

Access to beach and pool (all outdoor standard amenities, including towels)

Adults: $30

Children: $15

Contact the Sheraton Nassau concierge team at 242-327-6000 ext. 860113 or by email at Info_snbrc@sheraton.com to purchase day passes.

Questions:

1) Has anyone purchased the 'silver' package which includes the 'fixed menu' choice?

If so how was the food? What were the choices? Where is the Dolphin Grill located? Is the $10 extra worth it? Has anyone purchased food there and if so what are the prices like? (some of my kids have 'hollow legs' and need to be fed frequently LOL) :)

2) Can you just purchase the passes at the hotel desk when you show up or must you reserve them in advance? do you need to also pay in advance? Or when you show up? I presume you can use a credit card at the hotel.

3) Do you get a wrist band? How do they know which package you purchased? I presume the 'wristband' allows you to walk over and use facilities at the neighboring Wyndham if you choose?

4) Where/how do you get the towels? Also are there any freshwater showers outdoors near the pools?

5) Transportation: I believe a cab for the 5 of us would be approximately $29 each way (plus tip?) e.g. $20 for 2 plus $3 for each additional person - I know the jitney is cheaper but don't think we want to do that - any other options?

6) Does anyone know if there is free wifi at the Sheraton?

Any information/details greatly appreciated!

Looking for information on those that have recently visited the sheraton on cable beach as I am trying to decide on a beach for our upcoming family cruise (3 kids: 15/22/27).

Here are the 2 options I am interested in?

Silver Package

Includes lunch and two non-alcoholic drinks

Access to beach and pool (all outdoor standard amenities, including towels and some non-motorized water sports)

Fixed menu choice at the poolside Dolphin Grill

Adults: $40 (ages 13+)

Children: $20 (ages 4-12)

Bronze Package (Beach and Pool Pass Only)

Access to beach and pool (all outdoor standard amenities, including towels)

Adults: $30

Children: $15

Contact the Sheraton Nassau concierge team at 242-327-6000 ext. 860113 or by email at Info_snbrc@sheraton.com to purchase day passes.

Questions:

1) Has anyone purchased the 'silver' package which includes the 'fixed menu' choice?

If so how was the food? What were the choices? Where is the Dolphin Grill located? Is the $10 extra worth it? Has anyone purchased food there and if so what are the prices like? (some of my kids have 'hollow legs' and need to be fed frequently LOL) :)

We went in October and bought the silver package. When we ordered at the dolphin grill, there was a mixup and they brought us the bill. It was $33 for 2 of us. But then we straightened it out and it was included. Therefore it cost us $20 ($10 each extra from bronze to silver) when it would have been $33. Definitely a good deal. I had a chicken Caesar salad and my husband had some sort of veggie Panini. Here's a menu someone posted http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=39921871&postcount=29

2) Can you just purchase the passes at the hotel desk when you show up or must you reserve them in advance? do you need to also pay in advance? Or when you show up? I presume you can use a credit card at the hotel.

We just showed up, went to the registration/check-in desk and bought the passes. We used a credit card.

3) Do you get a wrist band? How do they know which package you purchased? I presume the 'wristband' allows you to walk over and use facilities at the neighboring Wyndham if you choose?

They give you a wristband - that's where our mixup with lunch was. They gave us the wrong wristband - it should have been silver and it wasn't. So they gave us new ones as we went back to the desk and showed the receipt. She was apologetic and gave us the new ones. So yeah, if you buy a silver package, make sure your wristbands are silver. Not sure about the Wyndham, although we did walk over there and have a drink at their bar. Nice bartenders over there.

4) Where/how do you get the towels? Also are there any freshwater showers outdoors near the pools?

I didn't notice showers, but there's a little towel cabana where you get the fresh towels and bins you throw them in when you're finished. Pools are refreshing. Swim up bar.

5) Transportation: I believe a cab for the 5 of us would be approximately $29 each way (plus tip?) e.g. $20 for 2 plus $3 for each additional person - I know the jitney is cheaper but don't think we want to do that - any other options?

We took the jitney, so not sure about cabs. It was simple to use and I ended up sitting way in the front and had a great chat with the driver on the way there.

6) Does anyone know if there is free wifi at the Sheraton?

No free wifi

Any information/details greatly appreciated!

My answers in red! I was just there in October and was very pleased - we'd definitely go back.

Edited by youngestof9

I have emailed them twice to see about the day rate for the room but have never received a reply. Finally called and they said to call back closer to the date. Problem is its only 16 days away and i dont know how much closer they mean. Tried calling the Whyndham and they would not answer their phone at the front desk. Does anyone know if Whyndham has a day rate for a room. That way we can get a quick shower before heading back out?

I have emailed them twice to see about the day rate for the room but have never received a reply. Finally called and they said to call back closer to the date. Problem is its only 16 days away and i dont know how much closer they mean. Tried calling the Whyndham and they would not answer their phone at the front desk. Does anyone know if Whyndham has a day rate for a room. That way we can get a quick shower before heading back out?

I would assume that they were still in negotations for the buy out.

As of Dec 1, the Sheraton is being taken over by the Melia Resorts Group. No word yet on how they will handle day rooms and passes.

They will no longer be associated with Starwood, and not sure if Wyndham will continue to have access to the Melia Property as it does now.

I'm trying to get more info.. if you do before me.. please post.

SG

We just returned from the Breeze. Yesterday we spent the day at the Sheraton. We had four adults in our group, and we took a cab. $20.00 plus tip for the four of us. We got a room for the day - $99.99 for the room plus $10.00 for each additional adult, for a total of $120.00. We were able to lock our valuables in the safe while we enjoyed the beach and pools. It rained on and off all day, but we still had fun. It was great having the room! The resort was empty. Free Internet with the day room. We didn't book ahead. It would have been a great day if the weather had been nicer.

We were at the Sheraton a few days ago and there were a couple people that were discussing the BahaMar project and they were saying that the Sheraton is going to be torn down. I don't know if that's true but they seemed to believe that to be what was going to happen to the Sheraton.

I emailed them last week and they said that for the moment, they will continue the $99 day room and day pass.

I would expect that this will be in place at least til the end of the year.

Sorry to question, but is that the $99.00 day room including the pass or will they offer the $30.00 day pass also?

Thanks for your help Scubagirl ;)

I emailed them last week and they said that for the moment, they will continue the $99 day room and day pass.

I would expect that this will be in place at least til the end of the year.

Thanks Scubagirrl,

They will continue to honor the day room and day passes already sold. Do you also know whether we can still purchase the $99 day room (where?).

Resortforaday is still selling day passes ($85 per adult incl. lunch), but I find this a bit expensive. If there are no other options, I will proceed to book this, as we really want to spend our next visit at a nice, comfortable resort.

Thanks for answering!