Excursions or Beach for a 20 month old?

Olwyn

Has anyone taken a toddler on the Stingray City tour?

Also, has anyone been to a great beach or resort with facilities and food, that would be nice for a day stay, with a young child?

Thanks so much!:)

Olwyn

Hi,

The first time we went to GC on a cruise, our oldest daughter was 18 months. I am not sure the stingray excursion is appropriate, the water is somewhat shallow (maybe 4 feet) but there is usually a lot of people and you do have to get in and out of the boat.

For our visit when she was 18 months, we did the Atlantis submarine ride. She loved it because all the fish were right outside the window. And me and my husband didn't feel like we were totally missing out on the great GC underwater world.

After our tour (we did first one in the am), we headed to Seven Mile Beach and camped out in front of a hotel that had a beach front restaurant, clean bathrooms, showers, etc. , in other words, very easy with kids that are still in diapers. We did book the beach excursion through RCCL at the time, but you may be able to book with an outside tour company for less money. A taxi ride to Seven Mile beach is pretty inexpensive and only takes a few minutes to get there.

You can book Atlantis through their website, again, you'll probably get a better price booking it on your own as opposed to RCCL. You meet them right at the pier where the tender will take you into, so there is no transportation needed for this.

GC is very clean, I was totally comfortable there with my young child.

Have a great trip!

Michelle

I had this same question come up for our family last year. We ended up going to the public beach on 7 mile beach and we wished we had not. We wished we would have had facilities and shade for our toddler. I would recommend finding a hotel beach that will let you in for a fee. Maybe someone else will know of one-I would like to do this for our next trip to GC. So I will be watching this thread.

I wouldn't go to Stingray City with your little one unless it's a a dry trip. Even though that water is real shallow, I think you would get a lot more out of it when your not having to "babysit". I think my little daughter would think the stingrays were scary. And some of those boats (the catamarans) don't have shade.

If you go to the beach, hit Walmart before you leave on your crusie for a small package of sand toys. They are very over-priced on the ship and on shore in Cayman. We always take those and a baby float with us. Have fun!

Archived