AOS July 31, 2005

Hello, I have a few questions Re: AOS. Does every cabin have a safe? Where do I look on the Royal Carib. website to see if the price has gone down? We arrive at 10:37 am should we go straight to the Doc? Is there a liquor store near the ship? What do you think about buying a few wine coolers to bring on board in my hand luggage? Re: photos. I have a digital camera. Memory is about 125 photos? Does the ship develop my card?

I have not received my documents yet. Leaving July 31st. I know many people leaving on this date and later have received theirs. My travel agent said. they'll be coming soon. Should I worry. Probably not.

I am worried about all the storms. Though.

Thank you,

Mary

All the cabins have an in-room safe that will allow you to enter your own 4 digit code for the safe-keeping of all your items. With an arrival at 10:37 am, I would not hesitate to go directly to the pier. By the time you collect your luggage, hail a cab and make it to the port, it won't be long and you will be on the boat enjoying lunch in the Windjammer. You can purchase liquor in Old San Juan (10-15 minutes from Pier) at a variety of stores that cater to the cruise ships that typically dock in Old San Juan. Most people seem to have success getting alcohol through the security check. We just got off Navigator last week and they developed prints from people's digital cameras. I would imagine that Adventure offers a similar service, although you should expect to pay more that the $.19 that WalMart currently charges for each print.

I would expect your documents within the next 7 days. If you do not receive them, first confirm with your agent that you are not on e-docs and then ask questions about why you have not received the docs.

Happy cruising. I love the Adventure. My wife and I have sailed her twice and we both agree that she is our favorite.

Archived