In port Spa Days

MikeandAmy

Hello,

My DW and I will be leaving on the Jewel next week and we will not being getting off the ship in Costa Maya. My wife wants to do a spa day, dont they usually have discounts on port days? If so does anyone have any dailies for port days showing what they offer and the price.

Hello,

My DW and I will be leaving on the Jewel next week and we will not being getting off the ship in Costa Maya. My wife wants to do a spa day, dont they usually have discounts on port days? If so does anyone have any dailies for port days showing what they offer and the price.

My DW does the spa on port days all the time. Her experience is that they'll often do discounts on spa treatments on port days, usually more towards the end of the cruise.

Easiest thing is just to go ask them at the spa, right at the beginning of the cruise. They'll tell you what specials they're going to be running and when.

There are usually port day specials they usually won't tell you what they are until the night before, but you can pretty much count on them. Closer to the end of the cruise, the savings may be bigger if the spa has not produced well. Discount also varies by bookings. Ie,. The special is not as great in Montego Bay as it is in Cozumel. Judy supply and demand.

If your wife is planning a port spa day and wants to have several treatments make sure she asks if they are offering the 10-20-30 special which last I looked was still advertised in the spa section on the NCL web site. If she books 3 "signature spa treatments" she get 10% off the 1st, 20% off the 2nd, and 30% off the 3rd. I would also suggest your wife book her treatments as soon as she is able to get the times she wants. Sometimes there is a spa rep in the cruise terminal to book treatments before you even get on the ship, or in the atrium which is where I usually book my treatments because it can be difficult to book later in the spa when they are giving tours and the spa is very crowded. Also inform your wife that an 18% tip is automatically added to the price of each spa treatment.

Posters here periodically post spa price lists which include the signature spa treatments and are pretty much the same on all the NCL ships, so if you do a site search with Mandara Spa price list or menu you will be directed to the posts that contain these lists which will note what treatment are signature treatments.