Rates - January 2015

Makono

Hi

Maybe those expereicned with DCL could help me. I'm planning to go to Florida in January 2015 (last two weeks). As we are living (and earning money :-() in Central Europe the whole trip including flight tickets, hotels and parks would be extremaly expensive for us, but I'm dreaming about Disney Bahama cruise (3 or 4 nights). So I'm wondering if I should make a reservation now (when the deposit is only 10% and I have best choice of staterooms) or wait till the end of the next year and wait for last minute rates). I see now that for January 2014 there are last minutes rates available. Is it like that every year with January cruises ?

We are family of 4 (girls 7&13) and we are thinking about inside stateroom.

Any suggestions ? Shoud I buy now or wait till next year ?

Thank you for your help

Marta

Edited by Makono

Late January is definitely "off season" for the US. Based on that, I'd wait till 75 days or less before your chosen date and hope for a *GT or other special IF you are OK with the restrictions on these fares. The other thing to consider is that you can currently book a room at WDW but not a package. Another reason to wait.

Late January is definitely "off season" for the US. Based on that' date=' I'd wait till 75 days or less before your chosen date and hope for a *GT or other special IF you are OK with the restrictions on these fares. The other thing to consider is that you can currently book a room at WDW but not a package. Another reason to wait.[/quote']

Thanks a lot for your reply. Sounds convincing :-)

Any one else has some comments ? I have some temporary reservation till Monday so I would appreciate more opinions and suggestions.

booked on 4 night DCL leaving January 12th woohoo:D

checked the rates today for my and DS's balcony category. Even the guarantee rate is higher that what I originally booked mid June of '13 and there were few balcony categories (including the GTY).

I was able to upgrade DS approx. 2 months ago when prices dropped from and inside deluxe to outside OB for approx. $100 for 3 people.

good luck

Edited by keishashadow