Parking at port liberty

frankarzt

I sailed out of Port Liberty at the end of September. I got to the port at 10:30 and unloaded the car. Then I just drove around the corner and put it in the lot. Had no delays at all. I did notice that the traffic backed up around 1PM. So I think it is all relevant to the time that you arrive at the port. If you can get there early, do so.

Edited by Zigggypup

We pass the luggage drop off and park in the lot directly across the street from the terminal. We then walk across the street with our luggage and give it to the 1st porter we see with a generous tip. He then takes it to the other end of the terminal for us while we go directly inside the building. It saves a lot of time. My DH has lung problems and can't be out in the cold very long and this system works great for us.

If the ship gets in late then there will be traffic. Everyone trying to get off at the same time as everyone getting there early to get on can cause hell at the baggage drop off. However I have left a bunch of times from Cape Liberty and I think we only had this issue once.

We pass the luggage drop off and park in the lot directly across the street from the terminal. We then walk across the street with our luggage and give it to the 1st porter we see with a generous tip. He then takes it to the other end of the terminal for us while we go directly inside the building. It saves a lot of time. My DH has lung problems and can't be out in the cold very long and this system works great for us.

You can get even closer to the terminal. Drive halfway into the first lot and make a left towards the gap in the fence where you can cross the road to get to the other lot next to the terminal where the handicapped parking is. There is also a lot of regular parking. You can drop DH off with the luggage near the end of the tent, park the car, and get a porter. When you disembark, you can generously tip a porter to take your luggage directly to your car.

$19/ day. Pay for 10 days.

This parking is not a public lot. They collect money only on disembarkation days and the lot is closed at all other times. You can't park there for a repo cruise because there is no way to retrieve your car when you make your way back from the repo.

• 4 weeks later...
$19/ day. Pay for 10 days.

This parking is not a public lot. They collect money only on disembarkation days and the lot is closed at all other times.

I guess security is not an issue in the lot? e.g. break-ins. thanks

We were there November 2013.

We waited 1 hour 45 min. just in not moving traffic to get into the

Cape Liberty parking.

There was some type of issue with the luggage.

We have used the parking lot 4 times already for different cruises and

never had an issue with parking there. It's convenient but expensive.

($19 per day).

Go early, avoid the mess.

We were there November 2013.

We waited 1 hour 45 min. just in not moving traffic to get into the

Cape Liberty parking.

There was some type of issue with the luggage.

We have used the parking lot 4 times already for different cruises and

never had an issue with parking there. It's convenient but expensive.

($19 per day).

Go early, avoid the mess.

I'm sorry if you feel $19 is expensive. You can always go across the river and pay $40 a day. I apologize if I sounded a bit sarcastic but if you park for 9 hours in a lot at the Hospital where I work you are going to pay $11 so 19 doesn't seem too out of line.

I'm sorry if you feel $19 is expensive. You can always go across the river and pay $40 a day. I apologize if I sounded a bit sarcastic but if you park for 9 hours in a lot at the Hospital where I work you are going to pay $11 so 19 doesn't seem too out of line.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Please don't spoil my day with your sarcastic remarks.

Thanks.

I recognise your right to your opinion and will defend that right. As for my sarcasm, I apologise.

Please excuse my spelling errors as I am quite dependant on spellcheckers and this system has none.

With regard to the cost of parking at the pier in Bayonne, does the price per day include taxes? I was told by pax on our last cruise in Nov. that the price ($19/day) did not include an additional $5/day for homeland security fee.

Is that true?

Thanks,

-Jim

With regard to the cost of parking at the pier in Bayonne, does the price per day include taxes? I was told by pax on our last cruise in Nov. that the price ($19/day) did not include an additional $5/day for homeland security fee.

Is that true?

Thanks,

-Jim

Parked there a few weeks ago. The price was $19 per day with no additional fees

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk