Silhouette Review - 18 Nov out of Rome - Med and Adriatic Seas (13 Nights)

Iluvcruising2

What a fabulous review. We sail mostly Royal Caribbean, but reading your review makes me want to book a Celebrity cruise. Thank you for taking the time and effort to share your experiences.

What a fabulous review. We sail mostly Royal Caribbean, but reading your review makes me want to book a Celebrity cruise. Thank you for taking the time and effort to share your experiences.

Glad you enjoyed the review.

When we sailed on Celebrity, we had achieved Diamond level on Royal, and that was nice because we were given reciprocal recognition as Elite.

We look forward to receiving the same perk.

We are sailing on Ovation later this year from Hong Kong to Singapore and have really appreciated all the information you have posted on your home country. Thank you.

We are staying three nights post-cruise at the W Sentosa, and look forward to exploring Singapore.

We look forward to receiving the same perk.

We are sailing on Ovation later this year from Hong Kong to Singapore and have really appreciated all the information you have posted on your home country. Thank you.

We are staying three nights post-cruise at the W Sentosa, and look forward to exploring Singapore.

Welcome to Singapore! Wishing you a wonderful cruise.

• 1 month later...
hopped over here from your Serensde report. How do RCI and Celebrity compare in terms of quality, amenities, elegance? We've sailed Celebrity many times, not so RCI.

Hello again! Nice to see you posting on my Silhouette review thread!

Well, unlike you, we have sailed only on Celebrity once. I think Celebrity is more 'posh', if I can use that term. The ship is build with more elegance, like a nice 5 star hotel. We stayed in Concierge class rooms for our Celebrity cruise and fittings and stuff were also nicer. Furthermore, we sailed on the Silhouette which was a relatively new ship. Prior to this Celebrity cruise, we had only sailed on the relatively older ships in the Royal fleet.

In terms of food, I think the buffet and MDR in Celebrity is better (a bit more refined) than Royal.

All that said, we are easy to please and we are very happy to sail with Royal, especially given the Diamond perk we have.

In fact, we find Celebrity a bit too sedate. Some of the entertainment on our cruise was clearly catered to a very old crowd.

hopped over here from your Serensde report. How do RCI and Celebrity compare in terms of quality, amenities, elegance? We've sailed Celebrity many times, not so RCI.

Don't forget to get your Celebrity loyalty status match to the Royal Caribbean Crown and Anchor. If you can get Diamond level on Royal, it really enhances the cruise because you get the Diamond lounge on the Serenade with the coffee machine, cocktail hours, as well as an additional 3 drinks pre-loaded on your seapass card that can be used every evening, 5pm to 8:30pm. I spent almost nothing on drinks for my cruise.