Oasis?Allure docking in Cozumel

The Oasis and Allure will dock starboard side to the pier 95% of the time no matter what port they are in. The other 5% when they dock port side to the pier it is so they can conduct life boat drills for the starboard life boats or if they need to do some exterior maintenance from the pier on the port side.

The Oasis and Allure will dock starboard side to the pier 95% of the time no matter what port they are in. The other 5% when they dock port side to the pier it is so they can conduct life boat drills for the starboard life boats or if they need to do some exterior maintenance from the pier on the port side.

Thanks, ik they favor starboard side

Thanks, ik they favor starboard side

IIRC, I read somewhere on here that the reason for docking on the starboard side is based on the arrangement for embarking and disembarking. I have sailed the Allure twice and only once did the ship dock portside to the pier. That was in Nassau and they were conducting life boat drills with the starboard life boats.

IIRC, I read somewhere on here that the reason for docking on the starboard side is based on the arrangement for embarking and disembarking. I have sailed the Allure twice and only once did the ship dock portside to the pier. That was in Nassau and they were conducting life boat drills with the starboard life boats.

I was on Oasis twice and she was starboard every port except for Nassau both times and they did test starboard lifeboats

The forward and aft escalators are directed towards the starboard side and only function when the ship is docked on that side. As others said they only dock on port side if doing rescue vessel training.