Is it possible to swap rooms after final payment

danny91180

Our family of 22 people ( 8 cabins) all booked using the Holiday Saver rate for our cruise in 3 weeks. Final payment has already happened. Is it possible for some people to switch rooms with others without having to pay a fee?

Everyone that we want to swap are in the same category room.

Edited by danny91180

I believe that you can do this at check-in, or afterwards at the Guest Services desk. I'm assuming that all of the same people that you originally booked are involved (as opposed to replacing passengers with entirely different passengers, which does involve a fee). Some rooms have limitations on the number of guests. There are requirements regarding children, and people under 25, and so on. Mixing and matching guests should not be an issue, based on what I've read from others who have done this.

Others with experience doing this can answer with more clarity, but I don't think it will be a problem.

And as far as I know, this is not something that you do by calling Carnival and switching people around. In fact, I would warn that they are just as likely to screw things up royally even if it is possible to do over the phone, so beware.

I believe that you can do this at check-in, or afterwards at the Guest Services desk. I'm assuming that all of the same people that you originally booked are involved (as opposed to replacing passengers with entirely different passengers, which does involve a fee). Some rooms have limitations on the number of guests. There are requirements regarding children, and people under 25, and so on. Mixing and matching guests should not be an issue, based on what I've read from others who have done this.

Others with experience doing this can answer with more clarity, but I don't think it will be a problem.

And as far as I know, this is not something that you do by calling Carnival and switching people around. In fact, I would warn that they are just as likely to screw things up royally even if it is possible to do over the phone, so beware.

Thanks for the warning. What happened is that we had 2 three person rooms next door to each other (M152 & M154 on the Elation) for 3 kids, a baby, and their parents. (1 parent and 2 kids in each room) The baby isn't going now so 1 parent and 1 kid got moved to a 2 person room far away (M127 same cat though). We would rather have the parents and children close to each other.

We have 2 other rooms (M168 & M172) not too far from the original 3 person rooms (M152 & M154). I was wondering if we can switch the parent and kid in M127 with the people in M168 or M172. God this is confusing to explain. Wonder what would happen when I describe this to Carnival.

Thanks for the warning. What happened is that we had 2 three person rooms next door to each other (M152 & M154 on the Elation) for 3 kids, a baby, and their parents. (1 parent and 2 kids in each room) The baby isn't going now so 1 parent and 1 kid got moved to a 2 person room far away (M127 same cat though). We would rather have the parents and children close to each other.

We have 2 other rooms (M168 & M172) not too far from the original 3 person rooms (M152 & M154). I was wondering if we can switch the parent and kid in M127 with the people in M168 or M172. God this is confusing to explain. Wonder what would happen when I describe this to Carnival.

Remember, I'm no expert at this, but I believe they don't care in the slightest how you organize the guests other than any issues with minors and supervision, and number of bodies in a room.

Lots of others who post here regularly rearrange their cabin guests (many parents have kids in an adjacent room or across the hall), and they have no problem getting extra room keys (cards), etc. It seems like they usually go through Guest Services after embarking. Hopefully a real expert will post and set us straight.

Edited by larkz

We did a family cruise some were past guests, some were new. Our PVP arranged for us to have a new person with the Past Guest so we could all take advantage of the PG rate. Needless to say couples were separated.

People made sure luggage was going to the cabins they should, then the people who needed to be switched went to guest services. New key cards were made and everything was handled easily

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg

cfi_countdown.php?vars=1391904000,-8,ca_carnival,first%20Miracle%20cruise%20

cfi_countdown.php?vars=1396058400,-8,ca_celebrity,cruising%20the%20Pacific%20Coastal%20on%20Century

Remember, I'm no expert at this, but I believe they don't care in the slightest how you organize the guests other than any issues with minors and supervision, and number of bodies in a room.

Exactly. They don't give a flying flip who sleeps where. The 22 of you could pile up for a slumber party on the floor if you so desire.

As long as all rooms are properly paid for and in the rare event of a lifejacket emergency you go to the correct spot, it is fine to make switches once onboard.

We've done this many times, just go to guest services to get the correct keys. You will end up taking your own luggage to the proper room, but that's not a huge deal. Also you'll need to explain to the room stewards which room needs a crib for the baby.

Enjoy

Our family of 22 people ( 8 cabins) all booked using the Holiday Saver rate for our cruise in 3 weeks. Final payment has already happened. Is it possible for some people to switch rooms with others without having to pay a fee?

Everyone that we want to swap are in the same category room.

Yes.

We have sailed with family/friends where some were past guests and others were not. In order to get the best prices, our PVP booked each past guest with each new guest.

Once on board, all who wanted to switch cabins met at Guest Services. The guy behind the counter reassigned the mag strips on our Sail and Sign cards so that spouses could be together. It took all of two minutes. Everyone's credit card info stayed with their own S&S cards. We had an on-board credit for owning stock and that moved with my DH's reassignment.

We've done this twice so far. with no issues.

When you print luggage tags, put the tags of the cabins that people WANT to be on the luggage so they will be delivered to the appropriate cabins.

Edited by stargate fan

Yes.

We have sailed with family/friends where some were past guests and others were not. In order to get the best prices, our PVP booked each past guest with each new guest.

Once on board, all who wanted to switch cabins met at Guest Services. The guy behind the counter reassigned the mag strips on our Sail and Sign cards so that spouses could be together. It took all of two minutes. Everyone's credit card info stayed with their own S&S cards. We had an on-board credit for owning stock and that moved with my DH's reassignment.

We've done this twice so far. with no issues.

When you print luggage tags, put the tags of the cabins that people WANT to be on the luggage so they will be delivered to the appropriate cabins.

Hey everyone thanks for the good news. I'll let yall know how it goes.

Never even thought of putting past guests with non past guests for better rates. We should have done that especially since both DW and I are platinum and we will still only get one plate of chocolate treats.

Great idea in switching the luggage tags too!