Dressing for Europe -November 2014

Let us know if you find it! I need one for our cruise to the Fjords and Arctic Circle, but don't use one enough at home to want something heavy. I like the idea of a 3 in 1, if they would just make them a little longer and sleeker looking.... 3/4 length would be good.

I just saw this 3 in 1 North Face in black at TJMaxx today and would have bought it but I don't need it. The price was really good. It's longer and nicely fitted at the waist. The quilted liner is not bulky so one doesn't look like the Michelin tire guy if you wear both. Of course, either layer can be worn by itself. Some of the reviews are not great but, as with anything, one person loves something and another hates it.

http://www.thenorthface.com/catalog/sc-gear/womens-jackets-vests/women-39-s-b-triclimate-jacket.html?variationId=64P&variationName=MERLOT

• 2 weeks later...

We were in Italy/France/Spain the first week of December - mid 50's - one rainy, blustery day and the other days were sunny. Nice jeans, t-shirt under nice cotton sweater and The North Face raincoat did the trick! Accented with a scarf. One of the days I substituted khaki's for jeans. Can't go wrong with layers!