Why Is Resident Rate Cheaper Than Previous Cruiser?

JustCruiseMe

It's cheaper because that's what Carnival decided to do. They don't make their prices based off of what you would agree with. They make them off of what they think will bring in the most money.

Carnival doesn't cater to experienced cruisers - Carnival targets first time cruisers now.

Resident rate isn't always cheaper. It's not always a discount. Just depends on what promotions they are running when. No big deal. The only venue I see offer a consistently lower rate for residents is Disney.

They (DCL) also offer the Guarantee Sales too, to fill the ships after PIF date. We got on one of those in April, fabulous veranda room. Didn't have to be a resident.

But man I sure wish I was! It's my dream, especially after I let my car sit for 25 min with defrost, and still had to bust off all the ice and snow with a half frozen water bottle I found inside my car. I refuse to own a scraper after I left MI. Ain't happening. I hate ice and snow. FL, take me away!

But I diverge. They (DCL) too have a variety of sales, occasionally Kids Sale Free (which I think is leaning more towards the *GT sales since it doesn't matter if you have kids or not and they can still fill the ship) along with occasional MIL sales. *GT and FLR are some of the more common ones though.

On the topic, Past Guest (CCL) sale for us was a joke, non existent. My husband booked cheaper without clicking the PAST GUEST email link. I personally think its a hoax.

Edited by TwinPrincessMermaids