Island tour in Curacao?

Jbird81

(Was going to post this on the Curacao board, but it looks a bit dead..)

Anyone whose been to Curacao lately know of a good tour to take? We've looked at Irie, but wasn't sure if it's the "best" one to take. We're just looking to see the whole island when we visit on the Crown in 2 weeks.

: ). We took the Irie Tours during our spring break cruise in March of this year on the Caribbean Princess. LOVED the tour! After leaving the ship--a 5-10 walk to the bus which was stocked with two coolers--water, soft drinks and "other" refreshments. The driver was great and delivered wonderful information. I would highly recommend.

(Was going to post this on the Curacao board, but it looks a bit dead..)

Anyone whose been to Curacao lately know of a good tour to take? We've looked at Irie, but wasn't sure if it's the "best" one to take. We're just looking to see the whole island when we visit on the Crown in 2 weeks.

There are many good tour operators or private taxis here for a sightseeing tour.

But you might want to adjust your expectations - there is absolutely no way you can see the whole island in one day.

You can visit some highlights and the popular spots, but the entire island? No.

Have a nice cruise!

Yeah we figured we can't see the entire island, but we just wanted to get the readers digest version in 3 hours. And thanks for the input on Irie, I think we may just go with them since they have the best packages.

We used Leo Platte as our guide. He will take you anywhere you want to go. If you don't know what you want to do, he will work with you to plan an itenarery. I would recommend Boka Tabla/ Shete Boka. Knip beach is absolutely gorgeous.

I don't believe Mr. Plaate lives on the island anymore... But there are numerous other drivers who are great, knowledgeable and fun.

I don't believe Mr. Plaate lives on the island anymore... But there are numerous other drivers who are great, knowledgeable and fun.

Henry "Leo" Plaate is very much alive, well, and still in business in Curacao. He is a personal friend of ours and I just got an email from him this morning. We have done several excursions with Leo, the most recent being just over a month ago. I would highly recommend that you contact him, and he will set up a customized itinerary for you based on your interests. If you would like to do that, his email is ragcuracao at (symbol) hotmail dot (symbol) com. and his phone number is (5999) 567-6654.

Edited by sicsinohio

Henry "Leo" Plaate is very much alive, well, and still in business in Curacao. He is a personal friend of ours and I just got an email from him this morning. We have done several excursions with Leo, the most recent being just over a month ago. I would highly recommend that you contact him, and he will set up a customized itinerary for you based on your interests. If you would like to do that, his email is ragcuracao at (symbol) hotmail dot (symbol) com. and his phone number is (5999) 567-6654.

I second this recommendation. We have used him several times and as was mentioned, he will "tailor" the tour to whatever you want to do. He is extremely knowledgeable and he loves his island. Lots of fun too. Enjoy your cruise!

• 3 weeks later...
: ). We took the Irie Tours during our spring break cruise in March of this year on the Caribbean Princess. LOVED the tour! After leaving the ship--a 5-10 walk to the bus which was stocked with two coolers--water, soft drinks and "other" refreshments. The driver was great and delivered wonderful information. I would highly recommend.

Hi.......We were on the Celebrity Eclipse, and on December 4th 2013 we were in Barbados and went with Irie Tours on a great tour for 3 hours. There were 16 of us in our group and we all wore silly hats. The tour started on the terminal. We walked straight to the big white tent and one of the representatives with an "Irie Tours sign" met us and took us to the bus. Our bus driver was fun, and the music on the bus was great. Polar Beer,water, and soda were provided along the way. The tour is $25.00 per person. The Bus is like an old school bus with all the windows removed, perfect for a tour. You can reach them at info@irietours.com. I believe there is an itinerary of all the places they take you on the web site. You will enjoy the tour, they even take you to a beach for about an hour. We highly recommend this tour. Elaine and Frank :)

2 Questions -

Does anyone know if Leo Plaate will take just the 4 of us or does he use a large bus & large groups?

Also, does he have any water, soda, on his tours?

Thanks!!

I believe he still has a smaller van that he uses as well as the larger one. The price may be a bit higher with just 4, but still reasonable. I don't believe he had the water/soda, but I'm sure he would make a quick stop if you wanted. He does a great tour....cause it is tailored to what you want to do!

Carol

We are considering what sounds like a fab tour called East to West Island Tour with island-experiences. Very quick and friendly service and they seem quite willing to work with you re port times too. This tour is an all day for only $55 and if we can make the times work, we are going to go with them. Hope this helps.

We are considering what sounds like a fab tour called East to West Island Tour with island-experiences. Very quick and friendly service and they seem quite willing to work with you re port times too. This tour is an all day for only $55 and if we can make the times work, we are going to go with them. Hope this helps.

We were in Curacao about two weeks ago now, but thanks for your input! We went with Irie Tours in the end, and it was well worth what we paid!

We are going there next month . We are looking for a tour that is about 3-4 hours. There are only 4 of us. I was looking for the Irie tour but not picky as long as air conditioned and has cold drinks. Any suggestions. ? Was going with Carnival but sometimes the locals are a little more fun.

I was looking for the Irie tour but not picky as long as air conditioned and has cold drinks.

Irie Tours is not airconditioned, but they have cold drinks :D.

You really don't need a ships excursion over here, so many other (much cheaper) options...

We are going there next month . We are looking for a tour that is about 3-4 hours. There are only 4 of us. I was looking for the Irie tour but not picky as long as air conditioned and has cold drinks. Any suggestions. ? Was going with Carnival but sometimes the locals are a little more fun.

We took a half day tour with Curacao-actief in December and it was great! It is in an open jeep though, no AC. (See a photo on their website). They have water and water with lime juice available on the jeep. Good variety of half day and full day tours that are more nature-oriented than some tours and very interesting.

We just returned Saturday and booked Irie tours. It was a bus with open windows but driver was very informative and free beer pop and water. We toured for about 3 hrs and stopped at a beach but because it was overcast we stayed for about 1/2 hour. They only charged us $20ea instead of $25 and we would book them again.