Sheraton/Melia Jan 2014

Katrine822

They are the only ones authorized to sell Melia Day passes - we saw them mentioned on a board here went on their website. We tried to buy day passes from the Melia online and they don't sell them online. I even spoke with Andres - the manager of the Sales

Department. He advised that for now they are selling through them and at the front desk only. They only sell a certain amount of spots per day depending on occupancy and our concern was that they would be sold out. A few people on this site suggested we just wait and purchase at the desk. In any event - we didn't want to take a chance - they honored our receipt, process was seamless and they guaranteed a refund in the event of bad weather. I can only speak from my experiences. Hope this helps :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep in mind, if your not doing one of the packages with food, buying them at the resort is cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Now that we have heard directly from Melia that they will not be restricting passes during spring break and there won't be a problem, there's no need to purchase in advance. Either way, you still have to go to the front desk to pay, may as well pay it all at once.

This info is good to know. We've been waiting to hear from Melia on this.

Now that we have heard directly from Melia that they will not be restricting passes during spring break and there won't be a problem, there's no need to purchase in advance. Either way, you still have to go to the front desk to pay, may as well pay it all at once.

This info is good to know. We've been waiting to hear from Melia on this.

I wouldn't go that far based on the email I got. (Are you referring to something else?) I wouldn't want people to think it I is guaranteed. She just said it wouldn't be a problem or something like that. I am going to print the email and bring it with me, just in case.

I wouldn't go that far based on the email I got. (Are you referring to something else?) I wouldn't want people to think it I is guaranteed. She just said it wouldn't be a problem or something like that. I am going to print the email and bring it with me, just in case.

Good to know. I've contacted them myself for clarification. Will post when I get some info. I do know that the front desk staff has not been told that there will be any restrictions, I asked when I was there recently.

I just wanted to say that we had a day room on Jan 24. They did not honor the price we were quoted for the day room. We were overcharged. I have sent a few e-mails, contacted the resort and left a message with the manager. Still waiting for a response.

The only reason I did not catch the overcharge was that my husband checked us out while I was checking on our pre-arranged taxi. They just handed my husband the receipt which was higher than quoted.

I spoke with the front desk of Melia today, they told me they only do the day passes for $30.00 and the room rate would be 25% off the daily rate.

I will keep everyone posted on whether they refunded the overcharge. :)

Thank you for the heads up. We have a day room reservation next week and I was wondering whether you would mind to share the followig info:

How much were you quoted initially and how much was the actual charge?

How much was the taxi ride back to the ship?

Was the room in good shape?

Thanks in advance!

Spent a day at the Melia on Feb. 18. We enjoyed it a lot-just walked up and it was $30 per person. Make sure you bring your own towel, day pass holders do not get a towel. It included non-motorized water equipment, but the water was very cold that day, so we did not swim in the ocean. We did use the heated pool, which was great. They also have a nice hot tub, and unlike the ones on the cruise ship, it was not full of little kids. Cabs were readily available on both ends, did not have any problem with transportation. Food was very expensive, but we had read about this in advance, so ate a large breakfast and were back on the ship by 3:30, so had a late lunch when we got back onboard. On a previous trip to Nassau we had walked to the BCH, but enjoyed this part of Nassau much more..at the BCH we felt like we were just at a small beach in the harbor.

I was just at the Melia for the day on Thursday. I took the #10 bus for $1.25 each way and it was very simple. I bought the package onsite at the resort for $50 which included lunch. My lunch alone totaled about $40 as their food is expensive, but it was all included. The waitress said I could order as much as I wanted and could get 2 soft drinks. So I got a salad ($12), a grilled chicken entree ($19) and iced tea ($3 each) plus tax. So really I only paid $10 to sit on their beach and it was a gorgeous day! The beach was relaxing and a lot quieter than the ship.

I was just at the Melia for the day on Thursday. I took the #10 bus for $1.25 each way and it was very simple. I bought the package onsite at the resort for $50 which included lunch. My lunch alone totaled about $40 as their food is expensive, but it was all included. The waitress said I could order as much as I wanted and could get 2 soft drinks. So I got a salad ($12), a grilled chicken entree ($19) and iced tea ($3 each) plus tax. So really I only paid $10 to sit on their beach and it was a gorgeous day! The beach was relaxing and a lot quieter than the ship.

Great to know! Thanks for sharing. May I ask, about what time did you arrive at the resort?

Great to know! Thanks for sharing. May I ask, about what time did you arrive at the resort?

I believe I arrived by 9:30am. There were plenty of beach chairs at all times during the day. It never felt crowded. I left the resort at 2:30 as clouds rolled in and I wanted to hit up Senor Frogs and the straw market before returning to the ship.

I was just at the Melia hotel yesterday and my wife and I enjoyed it a lot. No towels provided by hotel so bring your own. Also, 2 largely different charges by taxis, $25 to get there, $15 to return, probably got taken a little getting there. Nice beach/water.

I was just at the Melia hotel yesterday and my wife and I enjoyed it a lot. No towels provided by hotel so bring your own. Also, 2 largely different charges by taxis, $25 to get there, $15 to return, probably got taken a little getting there. Nice beach/water.

I am a 1st time cruiser with a silly question. I plan on going to the Melia when in Nassau. When you say "bring your own towels" you mean pack some from home for the trip correct? Or are you allowed to bring them from the ship as long as you return them?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Just came back from our cruise on RCCL Oasis of the Seas. The four of us took a cab ($5 per person) to/from the Melia resort. Watch out for agressive cab drivers, though. One quoted a price of $40, but we just kept walking. We had a wonderful afteroon there. $30 per person for a day pass. Very nice place. I was able to stand up in the ocean all the way to the markers. Very little wave action. Good for young children. The food and drinks are expensive, though. $10.25 for a foo-foo drink in a 12 ounce cup, and $19 for a hamburger and fries. Plan accordingly. Would definitely recommend and go back.

Thanks for all the information. I hope to be there for the day in April and am planning on going to the Melia. It will be on a Sunday. Has anyone had problems getting a day pass on a weekend day?:)

We went on a Sunday, and had no problems. They take both cash and credit cards.

• 2 weeks later...