Balmoral island excursion?

Keith Esposito

Can I get some good feedback on the Balmoral Island excursion in Nassau? Trying to make some final choices for Nassau. Cruising with the wife and two children(2,6). Last year I loved the Blue Lagoon excursion because of the super shallow calm water. This year I don't see it being offered.

I did this in October and wasn't a fan. The boat ride which they said would be 20 minutes ended up being 45 minutes. They dropped us off at a different location then where they picked us up and it was very unsafe. The island is beautiful but it wasn't completed. The water had a lot of big rocks we ended up spending the time in the pool. The staff was rude and after we had lunch they never came back. I wanted blue lagoon island but they said not many people were booking it. I really just think they wanted people to go to this island instead.

We just recently went on this excursion with a 2 yo at the end of October and loved it! It is a brand new excursion for carnival and shares half of the island with sandals resort, though they have their own area and u don't mingle with their guests. We opted for the excursion with the lunch which I recommend due to the prices on the menu was more than the $10 extra the excursion price is. If you decide against the lunch they do accept your ship and sail card there. They also have a bar with slushy machine (non-alcohol) in the open air "pavilion". There are plenty of tables and cushioned couches to relax in, as well as plenty of outdoor lounge chairs with umbrellas by the water. While we were there it was not difficult to get a place to sit but we didn't have any other groups with us. The facilities were also very clean but there wasn't really a place to change so u had to change In The bathroom and they didn't have lockers to store your stuff while u were in the ocean. The ocean water is calm and had plenty of shallow water for our daughter to play in. They also have a pool which we didn't use but several people did. They did have a outside "shower" by the pool which was great for getting the sand off the baby. Besides being relaxing they were playing some games with the DJ and were playing music. There was also a section that had sting rays and dolphins that were part of another excursion we didn't do. You can actually walk along the beach and see them from the shore or dock. All in all it was a great day and I would do it again. Just keep in mind the boat ride over is about 30 mins give or take. I hope this helps!!

We were dropped off and picked up on the same dock. All of the staff we met were nice and pleasant. They did have big rocks on one side of the ocean area but the area in front of the pavilion had no rocks.

Edited by trsh369

Did it in Sept. and overall not a fan. The SHORT time we had on the beach without blaring music and some "lady" trying to get you to play games was fine, alas to short. We ended up moving to the pool (saltwater), finally showering near the pool (the only freshwater) and wandering over where the dolphin/stringrays were. At that time you could watch when people were interacting with them.. the view was not blocked.

The excursion was from 10 til 2:30 - we got on a catamaran on the way over about 10:30ish, about a 30-45 minute ride over. So after getting off the cat we found a chair around 11:30. By Noon the music and MC were blaring and we went for food, never really went back to beach.

Trip back was NOT on the cat, was on a "ferry" which shoved as many people onboard as possible. It started boarding around 2:15, left the dock around 2:45 and arrived downtown Nassau around 3:30.

So for $120 we got a "ride" on the water, a few minutes at a beach, a $14 grilled chicken sandwich (we had the "deluxe" which includes lunch), 16 oz water.

No thanks... I think we are going to pay almost double and do Sandals for $220, which includes all drinks and food... PLUS a 10 minute ride to same island.