Carnival Paradise

ColSavLan

We sailed on the Paradise Dec. 14-19 and loved it. I have previously been on the Glory, Freedom, Splendor, and Triumph and my Mom has been on the Glory, Spirit, Victory, Triumph, Ecstasy, Sensation, Freedom, Inspiration, and Fascination. I loved the Paradise, and my Mom has ranked it as her second favorite behind the Spirit. I wouldn't hesitate to cruise on the Paradise again.

Edited by Jmv12

We were on the Paradise this month as well and would take Grand Cayman over Nassau or Freeport any day. The paradise is older but clean. The pool in the back was not open when we were on it. And I don't know if it's like this on all ships or not but the only "hot" tubs were in the serenity area. And the one was warm compared to the other. But, the serenity area was an awesome place to hang out on a sea day. We got lucky and scored a couple chairs for the day. Not as breezy as the deck above. Only downer is that there is no bar or bathroom in that area. I needed to use the restroom and the attendant pointed me inside. I opened the door and I would have been walking through the Queen Mary lounge in my bathing suit while they were doing a future cruise thing. :eek: No thanks! So, I had to 2 decks up to use the restroom. Not a big deal, just further.

We were on the Paradise earlier this month for a short cruise. I didn't love the ship, but didn't hate it either. Serenity is our absolute favorite place to be on sea days...it was somewhat disappointing. It is smaller than most and in need of some refurbishing of cushions and loungers. And, the setup with the exit throught he Queen Mary lounge is just strange. We had absolutely awesome MDR service and a great steward as well. I don't know... I think I just like the bigger ships anymore.

We just returned from the 4-day out of Tampa on the paradise on the 23rd of December. First, I must say, a 4 day cruise just isn't long enough for me! I need 7 days to get the whole experience! That said, the Paradise was fine. The layout of the two ships is basically the same, minus decor and some minor changes. The small ships are easy to navigate, you just don't have decks and decks of staterooms to pass going up and down to the public areas of the big ships. Of course, you sacrifice a bit of amenities with a smaller ship. We chose this particular trip because it went to Cozumel instead of the Bahamas. Cozumel is our favorite stop and we really don't care if we ever go back to the Bahamas. For us, it was a "no-brainier". The crew on the Paradise was wonderful. We were traveling with a group of 14, they worked hard to accommodate our needs, especially in the dining room. Although I prefer a larger class of ship (and a longer trip), the Paradise was a very nice ship! (Needs to be updated...)

I have a cruise booked on the Paradise for the end of this month and the only port call will be Cozumel. I'm just curious...it looks like the Paradise recently used to go to Grand Cayman too, why did they drop it? It really doesn't matter to me, I've been to GC on another cruise.

btw, nice to meet you all! :)