Insignia Stateroom 6048 and 6062 and Houskeeping Staff locations?

sterling9

I've got questions about two staterooms......(debating whether to upgrade)

6062 looks like it is above the kitchen or some type of service area for in the Grand Dining Room (I hope I am reading the deck plan correctly) - does anyone know if that will be a noise issue? I can only imagine dishes clinking and clanking early in the morning.

6048 is listed as unobstructed view but right next to an obstructed view cabin with lifeboats......I am wondering if it the view off our balcony as we look towards the front of the ship will be the back end of a lifeboat.

Lastly, and this is important....I might do a seperate thread for this......does anyone know where the housekeeping staff has their "stations" on deck six. I recently got off a cruise, and the deck plan indicated nothing was on the opposite side of the hall......but I was stuck across from the housekeeping staff and got to hear the sound of their door slamming everytime someone wanted room service, I think I can still hear the dishes clinking.

Thanks to all for your input.

We were in 6051 on Pacific Princess, 11-03. She is sister to Insignia and Regatta, and 6051 is starboard opposite of port's 6048.

Lifeboard did not impinge on view forward from balcony (they hang above Promenade). 6048 & 6051 are above the Promenade, not dining room/kitchen area.

Can't speak to 6062, don't recall that part of the deck.

I just called Oceania and they told me that it is likely that a housekeeping station is located across the hall from me, but they can't be sure. I don't understand......doesn't someone out there have the plans to the ship? I mean I do understand that the person on the phone might not have access to every nook and cranny of the ship, but you would think someone would know.:confused:

Claudia - that's what I was hoping....I called .....they told me 6062 is above the galley of the dining room. Hopefully someone who has stayed in that room can let me know if you can hear the activity below. I keep thinking of dishing clanking early in the morning!

Can't edit my post -too much time expired.

Said lifeboard - meant lifeboat!

My deckplan shows 6062 over the galley. Given my druthers, I would rather be above it than below it, but think 6048 better located.

oops sorry I meant to put the other cabin number 6048 as looking like it was

over boutique. so that would probably be better

or best is the cabins aft of ship between owners suites ;-)

I just called Oceania and they told me that it is likely that a housekeeping station is located across the hall from me, but they can't be sure. I don't understand......doesn't someone out there have the plans to the ship? I mean I do understand that the person on the phone might not have access to every nook and cranny of the ship, but you would think someone would know.:confused:

you'd think..

we usually book 6091 and I know there is a housekeeping galley on that side of ship right across & near 6079 ..so assuming there is one on the other side... but where is a good question

Just completed the Baltic cruise on Regatta in stateroom 6062. No concerns whatsoever about noise from the dining room. No concerns either about the housekeeping station - not sure exactly where it was located but it wasn't adjacent to 6062.

Archived