Leaving today for Carnival Liberty!

Hi gang,

Well my husband and I are finally off after over a year of anticipation of sailing on the Carnival Liberty. We're leaving in a few minues from San Francisco to fly to New York where we are spending some time with my family and then we leave for Italy on Saturday evening (July 16)! Once again I want to thank all of you who refreshed my memory about Carnival Cruise Lines and thank you to all those who answered my silly questions along with the more serious questions. For those of you who might have questions about this ship or itinerary, yes, I will be writting a full review upon my return, in the meantime, if you have any questions now post them on this thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=200988 and, I will try to include them in the review. I will also try to hop on line once we are aboard the ship next week! Thanks again all!

Bon Voyage!

Greetings from the Big Apple! Well, it's good to be "home". Sometimes I forget how much I love NYC! Ok, I know all of you want to know how airport security is here at home so, let me start with that...

We arrived at SFO 2 hours prior to our flight to NY. Check-in wasn't too bad, I'd guess maybe 20 - 25 minutes. Security was tight but, not like after 911. We still had to do the security line check and all the hassles that go with it but, I'd say we were through in 15 - 20 minutes - complete with my husband showing off his new toy (a high end digital camera) to some of the security guards.

Arriving into EWR - that's Newark, NJ folks - we did notice that security seemed tighter and there was absolutely a more visible force of security around. It didnt' scare me, it just made me wonder why SFO (San Francisco) doesn't have more security...I'm not saying they aren't there, I'm just saying they aren't as visible nor does it seem to have as many security guards as Newark, NJ.

So, gang, for us leg 1 of our Italy journey is now completed. I am jotting down the questions I missed. I will try to get on line again before we Saturday evening for Italy.

Yes, I know I posted this same message under my other Carnival Liberty thread but, I just wanted to share with those who might miss that one :D

Guest Crazeecat5

I'll be looking for you to stop by online while you are aboard the Liberty. I am on the second voyage - Aug.1st so I would have left before you come home and post your review. Thanks for your report.

Sheryl

Archived