Christmas Cruise random questions (first time cruiser)

stormin22

Hey, I am taking a Christmas cruise in a week. I was mildly surprised when we were told we had to book Xmas dinner when we boarded?

Is it somewhat of a mad-dash to handle this, or should we not worry too much about it. We have the Aqua Class suites, and are supposedly able to take care of these things a little earlier than everyone else, whether that happens or not we will have to see.

We were thinking about doing that dinner at Murano, as it seems to be one of the most well liked restaurants. If anyone has thoughts about having Christmas dinner there or in a different restaurant, let me know.

Thanks

Hi, we've been trying to book a specialty restaurant for the Christmas eve and Christmas day for months, but the system seems to be locked. Hope we'll be onboard in time to book before they are sold out.

We're in Aqua too and hope it'll help us ahead of the crowd, even if I know everyone probably wishes this too.

Anyone who knows if there's gonna be a special Christmas menu in the MDR and in Blu?

Hi, we've been trying to book a specialty restaurant for the Christmas eve and Christmas day for months, but the system seems to be locked. Hope we'll be onboard in time to book before they are sold out.

We're in Aqua too and hope it'll help us ahead of the crowd, even if I know everyone probably wishes this too.

Anyone who knows if there's gonna be a special Christmas menu in the MDR and in Blu?

We did the Christmas/New Year cruise on Millennium last year. We couldn't book the specialty restaurants online prior to the cruise for Christmas Day and New Years Day. But once on board, I think booking was availbale (although in the event we dined in the main dining room both nights).

More answers on this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1944917

But yes, there will be special dinners, brunches,etc depending on the ships' schedule. I have not been in Blu for Christmas though, and suggest you ask at the first day open house what the chef has planned and which day, and then plan speciality restuarants around that. The two Christmas meals we had were both excellent and I would not book a speciality restaurant if Blu has a special menu similar to the ones offered in the MDR.

Edited by Janet987