Can anyone give me some more info about the Kids Programs, esp on the Dawn?

aimathy

My daughter is 5 and has always LOVED the kids programs on the cruises we've been on. (RCCL, Disney, Carnival) This is our first time on Norwegian and I'm hoping she loves it just the same.

I saw that someone had posted dailies for her age group and was browsing through them. It seems like there was a LOT of "freestyle play". I know she loves the activities, crafts, games the most. Did any of your children seem bored by that many stretches of free play?

I also noticed that every afternoon (before the 2 pm afternoon break) there is a Family Activity. Are these events required to go to (they are outside of the kids room, on other decks) or are they just optional, and if you don't go with your child, they can stay in the kids room and keep playing in there?

I'm just trying to get an idea of what to expect. Any other input or advice about the kids club would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

We just returned on Sunday from the Dawn. My kids 4 and 7 loved the kids club. They begged to go and to stay. On sea days they spent most of the day there except for the closed meal times. They went after dinner every night until 10. A lot of the free play times are the 1/2 windows for pick up. The staff was great. They keep the kids really busy. They have lots of planned activities. My kids asked when the next cruise was so they can go back to the kids club. I'm sure your daughter will love it.

Our kids had a similar experience. After two straight camp carnivals they thoughly enjoyed splash academy. They were begging to go and had lots of energy burning activities.

Camp carnival was better in that many nights they would feed the kids at no charge, ncl does not do this as much and they charge, however we simply fed the kids, they liked the kids cafe in the buffet, then we went off to diner after 7 when the club reopened on sea days.

All in all the kids had a blast.

The only thing to remember is that in order to check the kids in or out you must have both your room key and theirs. Also if the kids lose the bracelet they are required to have on its a five dollar replacement charge. When my older dd lost her camp carnival badge and her wrist bracelet they simply gave her new ones.

I had my 5 grandkids in the various kids clubs, none that young. The only ones that like the clubs were the 13 and 15 year olds. They only used it for meet and greet and nothing after that. The 10 year olds went the first nite, would not go again. Liked the Disney clubs better. You can never tell what sparks interest for the kids, yours may fall in love with the club. Definately would give it a try, great experience.