Making Bitter and Blanc at home - nice

legion3

My DW and DD7 and DD4 are all making bitter and blanc in the kitchen while I watch football. Awesome. This Is my favorite CCL dessert and if its truly being retired...the horror...the nerve...

Then my DW's version may be all thats left soon....

Recipe thanks to cc . This is her 4 th time making it...lots of work but I will be sure to be properly thankful.:D

As they say eating speaks louder than words

Carnival Cruise Lines

Bitter & Blanc Bread Pudding - Recipe

Serves: 5

Ingredients:

3 large Egg Yolks

6 tbsp Butter

1/2 cup Heavy Cream

5 cups Brioche Bread (crusts removed)

1 cup White Chocolate

1/3 cup Sugar

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.

Remove the crusts of the bread, dice into squares. Put in large bowl and pour cream over bread; let soak in.

In saucepan, melt the white chocolate with butter & set aside.

In a mixing bowl, mix cream, sugar & yolks, add the melted white chocolate/butter mixture on slow speed.

Add the cream-soaked bread, mix well.

Grease individual soufflé cups with butter and sprinkle lightly with sugar. Spoon a layer of ganache into the bottom of each cup. Top with bread pudding mixture. Bake at 325 degrees F for 45 mins. Remove, cool slightly, dust with powdered sugar & serve with vanilla sauce.

In addition you will need...

Ganache Ingredients: 1 cup Dark (or Semi-Sweet) Chocolate, 1 1/2 cup Heavy Cream, 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract

Ganache Directions: In saucepan, heat heavy cream to simmer. Put dark chocolate into bowl and pour simmering cream over chocolate. Add vanilla extract and stir gently until smooth. Cool slightly.

Vanilla Sauce Ingredients: 1 cup Whole Milk, 2 tbsp Sugar, 1 tbsp Corn Starch, 2 Egg Yolks, 1 tsp Vanilla Extract.

Vanille Sauce Directions: boil milk & sugar in small saucepan. In small bowl, cream yolks & cornstarch; whisk in the milk, add vanilla extract. Pour back into saucepan & cook on slow heat till it reaches a coating consistency. Strain lumps. (Add a few drops of milk if too thick.)

ENJOY!!!!

Edited by MsMot