Hal no longer sends invitations for cruise critic meetings..........

50cruiser

This is a slightly different subject but I have gathered a book group, reading two books related to ports on our Ryndam 1 Nov westbound TA.

The first book is Operation Mincemeat and the main event takes place in the bay outside Cadiz.

There are only 12-14 in the group and basically we can meet anywhere, but I called the Services dept and they could not confirm if the Crows Nest had sangria (which we would drink during Sailaway from Cadiz.)

I asked how we could view the movie (The Man Who Never Was) and was told that we would need to hire a private room and the projection equipment. (I didn't ask "How much?)

I love HAL and my loyalty is in place, but I couldn't help comparing this reaction with the same event on the Silhouette last April...their events co-ordination Sara bent over backwards to accommodate our book group, though strangely they didn't have a DVD player on board (we used someone's laptop player)

I guess this just emphasizes the uneven responses and services provided by not only cruise lines but also different ships.

About names and cabin numbers: I couldn't possibly organize the book group or the cabin crawl without this information. Schedules won't be made until we sail.

One cruise I was on had several totally organized gals who arranged all kinds of activities...but they had a big notice board in one of the lobbies and it posted activities and messages. Thanks to those Reflection, April 19' 2013 helpers!