7night disney cruise march 2015- which one?

NeBemom

Need to get our march 2015 disney cruise booked but having a hard time deciding which Caribbean itinerary. We are taking 2 children (10/11 at time of cruise). Anyone have any expertise's in this area? I have been to Cozumel & Grand Canyon before but my husband & kids have not. & castaway cay is a must. Thanks;)

Grand Cayman??? I'm not aware of a ship going to the Grand Canyon.

We choose our cruises based on date and ship. Location is very much a "been there, done that" issue unless DCL has something special.

I'd probably look at the school calendar and decide what works best for the kids.

Coz and Grand Cayman are the 'safer' more comfortable itineraries (as opposed to Belize or Honduras or Jamaica which can have some depressed areas and high pressure local sales 'heckling' etc)

Grand Cayman is the richest most expensive island I have been to. But it was nice not to be haggled with. They feature Sting Ray City Sandbar which is one of the more unusual things I have done. Waist deep water with 5+ ft stingrays that are all natural and wild but its the same family that have been raised with people and being fed. Does not require strong swimming at all since it's only a few feet deep. There were fish there too trying to get in on the action. It was like a big sea party with a bunch of people and giant sting rays. No where else has anything like it (not even castaway who has sting ray excursions.) Afterward, our excursion wrist band allowed us to hang out for the day on 7 mile beach at Royal Palm and since it is a beach you pay for (like $3 if you taxi there besides our excursion)it was secure, no heckling etc. We had a great lunch and enjoyed the beach and the pool. This was on CCL but the tour group had a sea turtle for a logo and a brand new modern catamaran with stairs that was yellow. Grand Cayman, whatever you decide, is a must for cruisers at some point.

Cozumel is on every western itinerary and always a favorite of mine. Particularly we love Chankanaab park with its incredible snorkel reef right down the stairs (fish are very used to people), adorable sea lion shows and animal encounters if you want (dolphin, manatee, sea lion but optional), and incredible fresh Mexican food and beautiful beaches with tiki huts to lounge under. Its a great place for all ages, there is also a pool. You pay about $30 for adults to get in (can't remember kid's, we don't have any) and includes the park admission and t shirt and again, its a private park so no riff raff selling you bad stuff etc, very secure. Getting to the taxi is past all the shopping so you might get some of that and the taxi drivers get kickbacks and might try to take you somewhere else but we just told them we were ONLY going to go to Chanakanaab and they finally agreed to take us and picked us up no problems. I LOVE this park. If I had a Western itinerary, I would be happy to go tomorrow.

I hope that helps! I wish I was getting on a 7 day but 4 days Magic and land is what we have planned for next yr and who knows, maybe Fantasy *GT sales in 2015...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

If you ever have a chance to book Roatan, id snatch it up! But I don't think DC goes there. Also if you do go to Jamaica as part of your itinerary, you can still go to an all inclusive private resort and have a great secure day, we have done that before. Belize and Jamaica (same as Nassau etc) be sure to have a plan or book something because there isnt much besides riff Raff real close to the pier if you just get off and walk around....

Otherwise, with out more specifics (which itinerary you are looking at) its hard to comment beyond this. I'd personally shop price and then itinerary but that's because I've basically done all the stops and DCL ships are almost their own destination. There is plenty to do on board too. So make sure the cruise fare fits your budget and then pick the islands you like from there. That at least is what I do.

Of course, Castaway is a given. that is currently our favorite port outside of Hawaii. That, and Roatan.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

Edited by TwinPrincessMermaids

Need to get our march 2015 disney cruise booked but having a hard time deciding which Caribbean itinerary. We are taking 2 children (10/11 at time of cruise). Anyone have any expertise's in this area? I have been to Cozumel & Grand Canyon before but my husband & kids have not. & castaway cay is a must. Thanks;)

Since you have already done a Western you could try and Eastern. They have ones that go to St. Thomas and San Juan and others that go to St. Maarten and San Juan. All include Castaway Cay. Last time we went to St. Thomas we took an excursion over to Trunk Bay Beach on St. John and loved it. Both of those ports have lots to offer from shopping, to beaches, to snorkeling/diving.

Edited by wdwlvr

Grand Cayman is my favorite on the "normal" courses, but I really could do without Cozumel.

St. Thomas and St. Maarten are good and have lots to do for kids (Coral World, That Yoda Guy, etc).

I just don't think you can go wrong with either choice. Now, if you can catch one of the special to Tortola or St. Croix, we LOVE those islands as well.

We are booked July 26th on the Fantasy

We chose to go on the Eastern as the ports where not important (we have bean to all)

we are taking our 2 grand kids both Boys 2 and 4 and felt they would have more fun on the ship all 7 days The Eastern only goes to 3 ports and 3 at sea

STUR DAYTON,OHIO