Gotten any upgrades??

NthernLgts

I'm curious as to how many people have gotten significant upgrades on their Princess cruises? We're going on the CB in Sept. It sounds like upgrades to a similar cabin but on a better deck can happen.....but have the "inside to outside" or "balcony to suite" upgrades happened to any of you? Were their special circumstances involved, or just "luck of the draw"? Thanks. :)

On our 6-11-05 Golden Princess British Isles cruise my kids were upgraded from an inside to a Caribe deck balcony. Nice upgrade. My husband & I had a mini-suite - unfortunately, no upgrades for us.

Our upgrade took us from an obstructed oceanview to the best oceanview cabin on the ship. We just returned from the Dawn having traveled to Alaska southbound. We were booked in an obstucted handicapped cabin but were moved to a CC oceanview. I don't know if this was because it was need for a handicapped person. While it was forward the location was fine and the cabin much nicer than we could have expected otherwise. It was nice on this trip to have this view as there is always something to see from your window.

I am so glad someone asked this question...we are sailing July 30th on Caribbean Princess...We are in C748, a large suite, class PS...we had to book this in order to accomodate our 8 year old son in a room with us...Friends travelling with us are also in a PS, L106...Booking these cabins evidently gave us Platinum Check in status...We have been virtually guaranteed by our TA that our 2 sets of teenagers' Interior Cabins will be upgraded. any opinion on the likelihood of that happening, and when might we know??? Melissa in Texas :D

I am so glad someone asked this question...we are sailing July 30th on Caribbean Princess...We are in C748, a large suite, class PS...we had to book this in order to accomodate our 8 year old son in a room with us...Friends travelling with us are also in a PS, L106...Booking these cabins evidently gave us Platinum Check in status...We have been virtually guaranteed by our TA that our 2 sets of teenagers' Interior Cabins will be upgraded. any opinion on the likelihood of that happening, and when might we know???Melissa in Texas :D

Sorry Melissa, but anytime a Travel Agent Gurantees an upgrade I have to question their motives. It is impossible to gurantee anyone an upgrade especially for two different cabins.

Best of Luck, but I would really want to know HOW this TA is virtually guranteeing you an upgrade for those two interior cabins?

Sorry Melissa, but anytime a Travel Agent Gurantees an upgrade I have to question their motives. It is impossible to gurantee anyone an upgrade especially for two different cabins.

Best of Luck, but I would really want to know HOW this TA is virtually g

uranteeing you an upgrade for those two interior cabins?

maybe I used the wrong wording toto...he said it was very, very likely with the other cabins we booked being PS.

:rolleyes:

Melissa, I will hold out hope for you, but I honestly would not count on it. I hear so much of TA's 'almost guranteeing' or as you said 'virtually guaranteeing' upgrades to passengers and then the cruise begins and they are furious because they did not receive one. Question any Travel Agent or Agency that ever uses wording like this to you when you book. An upgrade is normally the luck of the computer draw and the only other thing I have seen or heard of that helps is being a new Princess cruiser.

Archived