New Orleans hotel that sleeps up to 6-reasonable and free parking

lucy2mb

We need a hotel in New Orleans in May for 2 nights before our cruise. There will be 5 of us one night and 6 the other. Does anyone know of a hotel with 2 queens and a sofa bed with reasonable rates. I think a two bedroom suite would be more than we can pay. It would be nice to have free parking during our cruise and free shuttle to the port. I know I am asking for a lot. We have had hotels like that out of Miami. This will be our first time in New Orleans. Thanks for your suggestions!

Parking in NOLA is at premium $$ normally - it can range between $15-$30. When we sail out we park at Fulton Place Garage $12nt and they have a shuttle. As for a hotel that sleeps 6 you might be best with 2 rooms, we stay at Springhill Suites on St Joseph or the Marriott Convention Center as they are both near the port and close to the parking garage. There is also a Hyatt Place in the area. We've sailed out of NOLA several times and go there often on side trips (3hrs away), here is a good reference: http://www.neworleanscvb.com/travel-professionals/cruises/

The CVB link is good, but there are other places. Prytania park has a couple of dual queen rooms that should cover you, and if you stay two nights pre cruise and one night post cruise you will be able to park there for free.

Most hotels in New Orleans don't have shuttles, but a taxi is $7 per person to the port.

Not sure of your exact dates in May. Hopefully it not May 1-3. Jazz Fest is April 25-May 3. Hotels will be at their highest prices.

You won't find a hotel w free parking and free shuttle for 6 people in a location close to the terminal or french quarter. The best thing to do is go to hotels.com. You can put in your dates and the number of people in the room and the options with prices will be given. A room for 6 will range from $260-$400 pet night us tax. You may want to consider Metairie, a suburban area about 20 minutes from the city but then you will have to pay for taxis each day.

You're not going to find that in New Orleans. Definitely not a hotel with free parking for the duration I your cruise.

Your best bet would be stay in Metairie. We just stayed for 2 nights at the Sleep Inn and Suites. They allowed us to keep the car there during the cruise. It was in a nice area and the hotel was very nice. Plus I know that they had rooms that would sleep 6 people.

Thanks! I just discovered the Sleep Inn and Suites searching prices. Glad to know they have free parking during the cruise. Our cruise is middle of May. Do you know how much it would cost per person to get to the port? We would be better off parking at the port if it cost too much to take taxi there and back. I saw that the Ramada Inn in Metairie has free shuttle to the port and free parking. The reviews were not as good as the Sleep Inn and Suites. I think I need to book asap before the rooms in our price range are gone. The Courtyard in Metairie also looked good from the reviews and was in our price range. Thanks for all the advice!

I just booked the Sleep Inn and Suites in Metairie--- the price was right!

I got a queen suite that sleeps 6 for $99 a night and free parking during the cruise. We will just pay for the Taxi to the port and back and it will be less than paying for the parking at the port. Thank you again!

I agree! I am very happy! The only room left for 6 was a smoking room. I was hoping for non-smoking. Hopefully, we won't smell too much smoke. I am just happy we don't have to book 2 rooms and we have free parking!!!